Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Brian Taylor, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just started using this and set the timer for 0 minutes. The results are remarkably good. I constantly monitor my RAM & CPU usage, and the RAM has dropped by over 50%.
So far I am very impressed.
I was considering dropping the use of Firefox for Chrome, due to its massive memory leak issues. But now I will stay with Firefox a little longer, as Ive used it for 10 years and love all the useful addons.
Only suggestion is make an option to have IE last 2 tabs open. so when i'm working in WordPress and my website, i can switch back and forth between last 2 tabs without a delay in waking them up.
- by Firefox user 13161860, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very nice idea. But wish for 2 extra features:
(1) White list. Right now we can only choose to ignore all pin tabs or not. For example, I only want to ignore gmail pin. So a white list will be more flexable.
(2) This is more for desktop and I switch between a lot of tabs. However tabs reload the whole page when activating. This become quite painful. It will be nice to have option to choose the "sleep mode" between suspended(eg. just stop/pause script) and clearing completely(the current way).
- by Firefox user 14784944, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5I set the timer but it doesn't seem to work. I set for 5 minutes but no tabs go to sleep. It only works if I set it for 0 minutes, but then all my tabs are put to sleep immediately and I didn't want that. I'm using Firefox for Ubuntu Linux (latest version 66.0.3).
- by Firefox user 14778405, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5This addon is really useful for people like me who open a lot of tabs. it really does reduce ram usage.
However there seem to be some issues still lingering:
1. For some reason opening a new tab from either a hyperlink/image/etc... through right-click/scroll-button, will make the new opened tab, completely blank. the name of the tab is still there, but the page cannot be accessed and since the url is also blank, you pretty much can't do anything. This is really annoying and needs to be looked at
2. there are times when my browser is stuck and i can't do anything. The best example i can give is when i turn off the addon while a bunch of tabs are open.
This needs to be adressed as well
3. Could i get more explanation on the whole pinned tabs? how do i do that?