To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
IP address information for Firefox. SixOrNot is an icon-based display of IPv6 availability and utilisation also providing a listing of domain names and IP addresses involved in loading web pages.
About this Add-on
- Information comes from both the DNS entries of the servers contacted to load page elements and from the connections Firefox makes to those servers - providing the most complete information possible.
- The icon can be shown either in the address bar or as a toolbar button (which can be customized to many locations in the Firefox interface).
- This addon does not consult with any external service to determine your own IP address, avoiding any privacy concerns arising from such behaviour. Sixornot makes use of your OS's native DNS resolution capability which permits a more accurate assessment of your IPv4/IPv6 connectivity.
- By looking at both the DNS entries for a domain and the IP version used to make connections to it Sixornot can see when you are connecting via IPv4, but the remote site has the capability to be contacted via IPv6 - useful for those interested in whether sites are IPv6-capable but are not on an IPv6 connection themselves.
- DNS and IP address information can be copied to the clipboard by clicking on entries.
- Version 2 adds information about security (TLS status) for all the servers contacted in loading a page, along with more detailed information about whether connections used a proxy
E10S: Version 2.0 is awaiting full review, please do test it out though: (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sixornot/versions/2.0.0) - this should work with FF 38+ with multiprocess enabled.
Note: Version 0.7.3 doesn't work well with Firefox 29 due to compatibility issues with the new Australis UI. A new version which fixes these issues, 0.8.0, is available (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sixornot/versions/?page=1#version-0.8.0).
- Removes support for non-Australis browsers (SeaMonkey/FF pre version 29) (sorry! It's just become too much to support these with the changes made to add E10S support, version 1.0.1 will keep working for these browsers)
- Lots of refactoring and simplifying of the code
- Adds support for http-on-examine-merged-response
- Integrates documentation into the addon
- Proxy detection and info display (disables DNS lookups when using HTTP proxy, or SOCKS proxy with "Remote DNS")
- Better handling of chrome:// and resource:// URLs
- TLS information about connections, displays icon for secure connections
- Move to using chrome:// URLs for addon resources