- by Firefox user 14499500, a month agoRated 5 out of 5My eyes hadn't stopped bleeding after Inbox went away (RIP) until I got this extension...
And unlike some other commenters here, I think the price is more than fair and it gives me confidence that the extension is sustainable and won't just stop working without warning.
- by Firefox user 15166984, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5This add-on just went subscription based and I'm not a fan of the new aesthetic. There's a big blue compose button, a scrollbar at the bottom that doesn't go away and the search box no longer collapses which I thought was great in v1.
Anyway, it's been a good year and a half but I've found that just using uBlock's element picker to hide bloat from the default gmail layout to be sufficient enough, and it doesn't cost $2 per month.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoThe horizontal scrollbar at the bottom is a bug. I am sure there are others (Firefox turned out to be harder to support than Safari). I'm releasing updates almost every day at this point. You can report anything else you see at https://simpl.fyi/issue
As for it becoming a paid extension next month. I can't keep maintaining this for free. It takes significant time and effort as it goes WAY beyond blocking a few elements. Like 10,000 lines of js and css beyond. I'm glad you are happy with other solutions though. Cheers.
- by Firefox user 14770371, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic add-on from one of former lead designers of Gmail itself. Does exactly what it says it does and doesn't scoop your data.
One huge request though. Change the padding around the inbox list items from 10px to 15px - OR - even better, give us the ability to insert our own css adjustments into the plugin.
- by Firefox user 16542237, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Great idea, but it would be perfect if was more compact. I would like to take more advantage of the screen size. Although the interface is cleaner, space is wasted.
However, great job.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoI think the default setup gives you optimal line-lengths but I've learned that some people get a lot of large tables or inline diagrams in their email. So I have recently added options to change the max-width on the list and conversation view.
- by BixiSLO, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I use a simple gmail theme already (terminal), and with this extension the Compose button is gone...
EDIT: dumb :-)