To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Me too, so I made this addon.
I also need to avoid to sort the "ToRead" folder I use for short lived bookmarks.
I like to keep them sorted by time because I can easily access the last ones. So I added the blacklist.
The plans for this addon is to stay as simple and clean as possible from the side of the user, but also from the side of the developer. This means not adding too many options and features.
At first run a page will open to allow the initial setup.
- Before using this addon you may want to backup your bookmark library.
- You may add a bookmark folder to the blacklist of the not to be sorted folders.
- If your bookmarks are a mess you can sort all your library. In case you skipped step one, the addon will remember you to backup before starting the sorting.
- Sort bookmarks automatically when the user adds, edits or moves an item.
- Sort by title, url or date and optionally display folders before bookmarks.
- Optional panel button to open the advanced options page.
- Sort all the bookmarks library.
- Blacklist for bookmark folders not to be sorted.
This addon will sort every folder not in the blacklist. If you dont like the new order the only way to revert to the previous situation is to restore from your backup. There isn't an "undo" feature in this addon and the backup is only two clicks away.
I warmly recommend to save you bookmarks before proceeding.
For now the settings are not synchronized with your Firefox account. If you install this addon on multiple devices, remember to configure the blacklisted folder in each installation.
If you are using another addon that moves or changes automatically the bookmarks there is a probability they will conflict. For example if you are testing two addons for automatic bookmark sorting they will probably try to sort each other actions untill the end of time.
SimpleSort Bookmarks GitHub repository .
- mark compatible with multiprocess
- add option to skip sorting the root level of the "Bookmark Menu" folder
- fix "Sort all bookmarks" skipping the toolbar, the unfiled and the mobile bookmarks folders
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.1.0-beta1