- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17405805, 4 days agoI used it for two years, and I'm done with it. When it works, it's good. But as others have reported, without explanation, saved tabs will disappear without warning, showing a 0/0 for nearly all saved tabs.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15223049, 6 days agoAt the moment I'm really disappointed that a plugin that is so hyped is not able to manage pinned tabs as well?
Why am I so disappointed?
I need access to a huge number of tabs, from different themes per window, sometimes 30 + x tabs per window, with 5 windows (themes).
Now I had hoped, through this add-on, to at least reduce the number of open Firefox windows, by switching tab groups, back to one window, since tabs in multiple rows no longer exist, thanks to Mozilla and the (crappy) web extensions, which are only useful from a security point of view. Only unfortunately, the web extensions have been forced on users in an overhasty and immature way (but that is NOT the fault of this add-on).
If this add-on also had access to pinned tabs, I could now conveniently switch between groups of tabs and would be willing to give 10 stars, so I give only two, because the idea is good, only its execution makes me shake my head.
If someone really needs many tabs of a topic area, between which one can switch then fast by click, then one is forced to pin these around without scroll orgies in the table bar to navigate.
And there you are offered, with the STG add-on, an actually ingenious solution to this problem and then this add-on does not have access to ALL tabs? An add-on whose only purpose is to handle tabs! Yes, it can not recognize the pinned tabs apparently, that is probably the worst joke you could think up.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15690541, 6 days agoTerrible add-on. Used it for just 2 days. On 3rd day, all my saved tabs were gone. Missing. Poof. No explanation. Not simple at all. More like complicated. Avoid at all cost.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Socram Lizarb, 13 days agoSo far this has been the BEST Firefox tab grouping add-on I've found. I must say that I was really looking for a chrome-like tab grouping addon functionality. Grouping tabs by color and quickly group and ungroup them was the only I was looking for, but for some reason it's hard to find.
For me, FF is a way better browser than Chrome and its chromium-based alternatives, but I must say when it comes to tab grouping, FF is ages in the dark.
Tab trees with their own panels, addons capable of coloring tabs which will not actually get colored, but rather the subtabs within another Tab Trees addon, more different panels with stylish presentation of tabs as if I was using Canva or PowerPoint (I'm clealy referring to Panorama) were among the issues I was facing on my journey to find a simple and clean tab grouping addon.
Fortunately I've found this one that doesn't actually does what I want (which was grouping them in the tab panel at the tome by color), but also does it amazingly by packing them on the backend, and you can quickly switch between your tab groups by clicking on the navigation menu, or setting up your own shortcuts.
It also gives you the possibility to customize the group names, colors and even icons if you want.
I must really thank you guys for this addin which I came to understand that it's even better than the way it's done on Chrome.
This feature is really important to me and I was almost quitting using Firefox due to the lack of decent alternatives.
This addon is even better.
I highly recommend giving this one a try!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Indrė, 15 days agoThis is the extension I was looking for a long time, it's like Chrome tabs, but even better. It saves a lot of time in my work and leisure. And it works even in the Firefox Developer Edition :)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Lucky_B, 18 days agoOpening tabs in a group opens a new window and your current window disappears???
You can get it back but why even have it operate this way?
I want to create groups of tabs within a SINGLE window that I can expand and shrink as the new chrome feature does.
Thanks, it's on it's way.
- Rated 3 out of 5by SandraK, 18 days agoIt is fantastic and a lifesaver and I can't live without it. But the fact that it can't deal with firefox restarts and the nuisance it causes fixing it after is enough to dock it two starts. :(
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17737257, 24 days agoToday the extension somehow lost track of all the tabs in my groups (~50 tabs). I just had to restore an automatic backup created by the extension to fix the issue.
Bugs will always be there, good software makes them a lot less annoying.
Keep up the good work!
- Rated 4 out of 5by John Reynolds, a month agoComing from Opera, this add-on is a godsend for an alternative to workspaces, functioning just as you'd expect. It isn't without its minor flaws, though: When clicking the icon for the extension, it always opens up the list of tabs in the current group first, forcing an additional click to see the list of groups. The only benefit you get that isn't already on the top of the Firefox window is quicker access to customizing the current group, which is way less useful than quickly changing which group you're in, the main point of the add-on. Plus, the icons you can set for groups are very limited in design, and it seems weird that you can't at least use the icons for containers. But again, this add-on performs flawlessly and helps productivity immensely, so I still recommend it.