- by FurQ, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Sadly has nothing on the once great 'All in one sidebar' that used to make using Firefox great... this tries to replicate common used sidebars all in one. Would be better if it could load actual sidebars and provide a vertical toolbar to select different sidebars.... Mozilla are complete retards for breaking this functionality for addon developers to use.
- by Umpahpah, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Looking for alternative for All In One Sidebar, and I was hoping this one was will do the job - it have a potential, but it seems that it doesn't work on 56.0 and I do not want to update until I find a good replacement. Here, it wont load bookmarks, does not open on right side, all in all it still need some work. Hope will be able to check it later for better review.
- by Drakkar, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I'm coming back to FF from Vivaldi and i was looking for a sidebar mostly for Tab and Bookmark managing.
This addon looks pretty good, but whenever i enable "Tabs" on the "Services" options, everytime i run FF (or disable/re-enable the addon), a new tab opens by itself.
I looked all over but couldn't find an option to disable this behavior and it's pretty annoying. Is it a bug? Is it intended? No idea, if i find a way to fix it i'll change my rating.
- by Firefox user 11707642, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I tried to use this with (and without TreeStyleTabs) so I can get the bookmarks alongside with my left sidebar where my tabs are located and could somehow manage to make it work for a few hours before it glitched out and disappeared completely as an IFRAME. (only the window option worked but since it's ugly and impractical, I didn't use it)
When it "worked" it would usually be very glitchy on youtube and cover the left part of the video (unless in fullscreen. )
Some sites wouldn't show the IFRAME at all for some reason.
It would also hog resources and eventually freeze FF to a point I had to restart it.
Also, the support of drag and drop tabs to the bookmark IFRAME would be great.
EDIT 1 : Found out what it was : The "hide left bar" option is glitchy and doesn't show a way to restore it. you have to click on an extremely small and invisible part of the left of the native sidebar for it to show (I had to minimize it so youtube showed properly)
EDIT 2 : I also found out that many other websites are getting messed up by this add-on, wether or not you use an I-frame it seems those sites (battle.net, for instance) shrinks the page so it can put an I-frame even if it's set to disabled, wasting a lot of useful screen space in the process.
Overall, it's a step in the right direction, but the many bugs make it hardly usable for me.
I just wish FF had a way to display 2 sidebars at the same time natively.
- by Firefox user 12463075, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Great to have replacement for allinone sidebar BUT why does it disappear when a new tab is opened? You have to keep going back to the original tab to activate, sort of makes the whole thing pointless.
- by Firefox user 12798619, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5UPDATE3: December 19th (as a comment to the developer):
I was trying to play some more with the add-on but at a point it won't show anything. When I choose FF "show sidebars", I clicked sidebar+ from the list but it will show nothing. The window is empty, no icons - nothing.
I closed FF and re-opened it and now I can also see the "options" button which wasn't there till now under addons manager.
I can now see the various options like "services", "warnings", "themes" etc. and could set a bigger font (in my case, 42) and now both icons and texts appear fine.
For sure something went wrong and maybe there is a need to check that.
Also, it should be checked that error/confirmation messages will also adapt to the screen DPI e.g when I used "tabs > group tabs by domain" and then clicked the X to close all tabs under that domain, the confirmation text was also a bit small.
In addition, can sidebar+ show bookmarks in the original tree structure just like FF does it with all folders etc. (CTRL+B) ?
Thank you for all replies.
UPDATE2: December 19th (as a comment to the developer):
FF 57.0.2 (64bit), Windows 10
UPDATE1: December 19th (as a comment to the developer):
Well, I did try to look for "settings" or "options" or something similar but there is nothing like that for that add-on.
I looked in the add-on manager and there are only two buttons: "disable" and "remove".
When I click "more" next to the add-on name there is also nothing.
In the sidebar itself there is also no "options" or "settings" or similar..
The built-in FF sidebar categories (bookmarks, history etc.) look OK but the Sidebar+ categories are all tiny. I am using a 4K TV but the text is completely unreadable.
The add-on should use the same fonts used for the built-in categories or at least allow to customize the view.
Also, with other sidebars add-on not compatible with FF 57 anymore (omni sidebar, all-in-one sidebar) it was possible to also access the addons, extensions and others. Will it be possible to do this also with this addon ?
Omer.> customize the view.
You don't even try to open "Options", did you? Font size can be changed.
> Will it be possible
Nope. New API doesn't provide such a functionality.
> I looked in the add-on manager and there are only two buttons: "disable" and "remove".
This is very strange. Can you tell me please what version of Firefox do you use and what OS?
> FF 57.0.2 (64bit), Windows 10
Interesting. Perhaps i should make some investigation about Windows version of Firefox. But anyway there is a link to an "Options" page inside Sidebar+ popup. It should open when you click icon at navbar.
> show bookmarks in the original tree structure
Yep. It should be tree structure until you reach the limit of bookmarks (which is 999 by default, and can be changed in Options). You are not first who ask this so I will raise this limit in next versions. =)
- by Firefox user 13551599, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Хорошая идея - дополнительная панель справа, но, очень сыро...
- панель справа перекрывает контент на сайте
- используются шрифты и масштаб не такие как в браузере
- не отображаются папки в закладка
- нет поиска по названиям папок в закладках
- нельзя переименовать закладку- зависит от вёрстки сайта
- размер шрифта в настройках, от него всё масштабируется
- это значит что у вас более 999 закладок, лимит поднимается в настройках
- такое апи, претензии к Мозилле. =)
- ну можно же, шестерёнку жмакали?