Review by Sky Gemini
Rated 5 out of 5by Sky Gemini, 2 years ago
So far, so great! Thank you, I can finally scroll through my recommended sidebar without being subjected to idiotic comments on YouTube. When I bother wasting time to respond, YT deletes my posts while leaving the troll garbage up. It's so much better now.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15039161, 7 months agoThis addon has always worked wonderfully, however, since a week or so it has issues with it intermittently not working. It also stops working after ten seconds or so, meaning I have to refresh the page before I can activate/deactivate the addon. I believe this is due to a conflict with the latest Firefox update and I hope it gets fixed soon. It's a fantastic addon when it works!
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThank you for the bug report. This bug is new as of a recent Firefox release. I haven't yet tracked down the cause, but I'm investigating what happened now.
I'm sorry I don't have a workaround at this time, but I plan to fix this in short order.
UPDATE: Please try Shut Up 8.0.2 and let me know how it goes. Thanks for your patience and support.
- Rated 4 out of 5by FieryFoxtail, 7 months agoEDIT: It seems to be working now, thanks for the update! Though still, there's also the problem of the addon not working with Alternate Player for Twitch.tv (chat is hidden and Shut Up can't be turned off), but if you don't use that addon, it works well.
Previous review: I can't recommend this as for now. I loved this addon and used it for years until it stopped working reliably anymore after the recent update. Something I noticed is that it would stop working after a few mins viewing a youtube video. I haven't tested if this only happens with videos or viewing a page in general, however. I only had ublock active at the time.
Developer responseposted 7 months agoHi there, I'm sorry about the inconvenience. I'm investigating the cause of this bug now, and plan to fix it in the next few days.
UPDATE: Please try Shut Up 8.0.2 and let me know how it goes. Thanks.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Katie, 8 months agoI've been using Comment Blocker for awhile on Chrome and just installed it on Firefox. Works like a dream on both browsers. There are several sites I love to visit, but the comments section are so vile that it ruins the experience and makes me tired of people. This add-on is a game changer and I can't recommend it enough. I was surprised to see how different the experience is and how much better I feel without suffering through everyone's opinion on whatever today's outrage is.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Billips, 8 months agoNot working atm? Otherwise the one Firefox plugin (and iOS app!) I couldn't do without.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoHi there,
Sorry about that! I just released a new version, but the extension shouldn’t have stopped working. Would you mind giving me more details over email so I can troubleshoot? email@example.com
- Rated 5 out of 5by nimble, a year agoPeace and quiet. Thank you! Just wish the extension would have the obvious name: "No Comment".
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bflat, 2 years agoI can't toggle the comments in Twitch. If the extension is enabled, the chat is gone, and toggling the icon changes nothing.
- Rated 2 out of 5by hunterjames, 2 years agoI love the concept and it does exactly what it says on the tin: block the comments. Except that the 'click to show comments' doesn't work and the only way I had to do that was to uninstall the extension so unfortunately I can't give it more than 2 stars
- Rated 5 out of 5by MD_Arch, 2 years agoOne of most useful extensions nowadays (for misanthropes like me)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Wokipokei, 2 years agoClick install button, comments gone, mood better. What more can I say? Really simple and you can reenable comments with a click of a button too.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Savannah, 2 years agoDoesn't seem to work with Quora, LessWrong, or Tokyo Otaku Mode, but otherwise seems to work very well.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sans Undertale, 2 years agoYou don't necessarily need this extension if you have Ublock Origin installed (which features an element picker that can do away with virtually any comment section you come across) but if all you really care about is blocking the comment section universally then this is all you need.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Kelza, 3 years agoFarewell, vitriolic, idiotic wasteland. Such a distraction, such a depressing thing to contemplate. I can't believe I didn't install such an add-on YEARS ago.