To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Show the IP address of the current page in the status bar. It also allows querying custom information services by IP (right click) and see location and avaiable vouchers for shopping sites. Additionally you can copy the IP address to the clipboard.
About this Add-on
Showip delivers Website, City, Country and other information for SEO, security and fun :)
Show the IP address(es) of the current page in the status bar. It also allows querying custom services by IP (right mouse button) and hostname (left mouse button), like whois, netcraft. Additionally you can copy the IP address to the clipboard. This extension was formerly known as ipv6ident.
- City + ZIP code
- Geo coordinates
- Organisation the ip belongs to
- upcoming: voucher codes for ecommerce sites
Fair monetization - please support us with an "ok"
ShowIP asks you to install AdBeaver which helps you and us to collect coins and save money while surfing the web through price comparison. You will get asked in a prompt whether you want that additional addon to be installed or not. We appreciate your support. Thank you!
The AdBeaver extension is save to use and follows Mozilla guidelines.
Of course ShowIp can also be used without it. Also the additional addons can be removed anytime later in the addon settings.
Enjoy it now!
- color changeable
- call local helper application with ip
- prevent lookup of file and chrome urls
- bump MaxVersion to allow installing on DeerPark
- MaxVersion again changed
- finally show all IPs for a domain
- new #D# tag for just the sld and tld part of the domain
- full localization support
- fix network.dns.disableIPv6 = true config case
- support to display IP as octal/hex/dword/decimal in the statusbar
- calling local processes with the ip/hostname as the only parameter instead of hostname/ip pair. Please change your rules accordingly. This is consistent with the url scheme now. If you need to pass more parameters to the process, use a shell wrapper.
- Fix compatibility with Firefox 1.0.*
- Fix exception when localhost is not resolvable
- make compatible and test with ff2.0
- fix error in onLookupComplete
- threaded name lookup
- revert threading changes. they cause problem for at least some users.
You can download the new version from
while it is not approved here.
- thanks for all the great comments!
- Please report bugs at http://code.google.com/p/firefox-showip/
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
The purpose of this addon is to provide useful information about the website you're visiting.
The addon uses three types of information:
1. Independently resolved information (IP and Hostname):
This is resolved by accessing information which is already know by the operating system and thus the browser. No external ressources are used for this part.
2. Additional information (Country, City, ISP):
To access the this information, a self hosted "Geodata and Warnings" database is queried. Therefore ShowIP sends the current domain to be used as the basis for the lookup of this additional information. It also sends version information for your current ShowIP version. ShowIP uses this information to grant full access to ShowIP users to the corresponding databases. If enabled, a request will be sent every time you visit a new website. By clicking "remote data disabled" no data will be exchanged with our server and thus the addon will only display information that does not need an interaction with our server. No personal data is stored on our server.
3. Additional information:
Addon asks a user on first run if it can install another addon (AdBeaver). No personal data is sent.
4. External services
ShowIP provides access to many external web services using ShowIP "actions". These "actions"' can be accessed via the context menu of the addon. Some of them are available by default and others can be added or created by you. Each of these actions are different and are all run by third parties with no direct relationship to ShowIP or the people who develop them.