Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by PERCE-NEIGE, a year agoRated 2 out of 5(EDIT: I loved this addon, but I can't find any icon now in the customization window!). Maybe the dev changed it, because now it shows a text in the tab title, which is completely useless for me. I don't like having a prefix in my tabs title. I liked the icon and the text in the bar, indicating which was the profile used!
Anyway Profile switcher and all the addons to manage profiles are now dead! I don't know why all the profile management addons are dead in the recent Firefox version.
It was very useful before: I used it with Profile switcher, and with another custom icon (because the yellow icon is awful).
- by MountainX, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Love this add-on. Very happy to see a version that works with WebExt. Please take a look at how Nightly Tester Tools implements a similar feature: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Automation/Projects/Addons/NightlyTesterTools
Integrating some of the Tester Tools "show profile" features into your new WebExt version would make it even more awesome. Please consider. Thanks for working on this add-on.
- by Firefox user 6230794, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5On Firefox 52 the renamed default profile name is no longer displayed and it blocks the sound with a wrong error message about installing pulseaudio. The newly created profile name is displayed and the sound works in it. On Linux.
- by JohnFF, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I used this before the firefox API changes hamstrung it. The manual specification of the prefix is a reasonable workaround (since the API prevents the extension from reading the profile name). But now the profile string is showing up on every tab. It used to be that you could configure where it appeared (e.g., window title, context menu). Having it on every tab obscures the other content of the tab label (which is more important to me). If you can't support putting the profile prefix in those other locations anymore (due to API changes), maybe you could have an option to append to the tab label instead of prepending.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoI am very very sorry but addon developing conditions with firefox are very poor. Debugging mode works not properly and I haven't got days to try things. I am sure it only needs 15 lines code but ...
I tried appending the string but for long window titles this is also no solution. Maybe in next week I will introduce a position parameter to insert the string at a position in the title.
- by helkav, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5FF would do well to have something like this built in
FYI - I use many profiles in many versions release through to nightly, and I can use this in all at the moment except Developer edition - it doesn't show up as available for that
- by Chuck Baggett, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I just got it, so I can't comment about potential problems yet unseen, but the design is great. I love having the profile name show in both the menubar and the Status-4-Evar provided status bar and in the Tools menu and the main context menu. Greatly reduces the chance of saying something publicly from the wrong profile.
- by bob357, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have wanted for a long time a quick way to see "which profile" I am currently using. This extension does that perfectly, displaying it right in the Title Bar along with many options to show the profile elsewhere, well done, great job!
- by hogehiga, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5This add-on is useful for distinguishing profiles(because window title is observable).
I have only one complaint that this add-on can't show profile name which is in profiles.ini.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoGo to the settings of the addon and
- check checkbox "custom profile string"
- enter in the right textbox the name you want to display -> you Profile name
Then your Profile name should appear. You are able to enter a custom string, e.g. if your profile name is very long.
- by Rass, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5I will say much the same as the other reviewer... This addon is fairly small, does what it says it does, and does that well (ie, it completely automates the process, so no typing/defining per each profile). It could be smaller size, and restartless, and yes... there are other options out there, but it's easy to use, and useful for those using multiple profiles (especially simultaneously).
[see: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/internet/firefox/use-multiple-firefox-profiles-at-the-same-time/ ]
- by george murphy, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is great! You should put "titlebar" somewhere in the description or tags. I searched for a replacement for "titlebar tweaks" that would put my profile name in the titlebar but found none for FF 5.0 and above. I just happened to "stumble" upon this addon. I edited the install.rdf (google it to find out how) to change the line "4.0.*" to "6.0.*" and it works great. I am writing this using FF 6. So far I have found nothing broken and no interference with my other addons. A feature I really like is it determines the profile name automatically. This allows me to copy my profile prefs.js file to other profiles without having to modify it for each profile to show the correct profile name. GREAT JOB! Thanks.