Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by pstrg, 14 days agoRated 4 out of 5Just had the opportunity of enjoying it after a strange crash that wiped off all tabs - got them all again in no time.
Would have been even better if it supported Multi-Account Containers - in this add-on present state, tabs that belonged to other accounts reverted to the main one, thus forcing me to recreate each one, one by one, again.
Developer responseposted 14 days agoSorry for the issue you had. Sadly when Firefox crashes sadly many strange errors can happen to the Firefox profile as well and sometimes (very rarly) even to profile storage data (like bookmarks). Of course that I can't fix since it has nothing to do with the addon itself. As regarding the Multi-account container, simply I have my hands quite tied because there is no reliable way of storing anything beside a bookmarks. Whatever storage I might use, be it local or cloud based on profile a lot of strange issues can happen. For example local storage is deleted right away if you disable an addon. That's means you can only rely on it if it makes sense. But having half of the data stored in bookmarks and half in another place is very problematic when the other place is wiped out suddenly :|. Sorry for the missing feature, I might be able to find a solution at some point but I can't tell when it will be implemented.
- by Firefox user 15892456, 19 days agoRated 5 out of 5This is such an awesome add on. I used to be from the million tab crew. I still kind of am, but in an orderly fashion. It's also great to handle different workspaces, I work on several different projects, switch contexts a few times a day and it helps quite a bit with my workflow.
Since it just stores bookmarks, everything is kept up to date across devices, something that I also sometimes do, several times a day.
I just wished it could store pinned tabs as pinned. Other than that, maybe the UX could be improved but I don't really care. It's perfect for me.
- by Ferran Buireu, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Estéticamente muy lograda y funcionalmente impecable. Guarda la sesión de multiples pestañas y te permite interactuar con ellas, además añade diversos shortcuts.
- by FirefoxUser, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5A long, long time ago, when "new" Firefox was genuinely new, so many extension just went straight to crap. Then, enterprising people like Ivanica went to work trying to bridge the gulf of functionality that developed over time. Well, whatever goes on now, I initially applauded his efforts and even donated early on, but then I noticed he pronounced bugs and problems as being solved when they are not even addressed or by telling people what they're experiencing isn't what's really going on. At this point, this extension is so woefully inadequate and he doesn't even try to update it to keep up with changes and issues (last update nearly a year ago), there's really no point using it anymore. It scrambles your tabs' sequence like what happens as if you just knocked everything off your desk or library shelves, and it calls that "saving" and "syncing." I'm just fed up with these poor excuses for extensions ruining my favorite browser. Here's some advice for anyone thinking of using this: just install the "Bookmark All Tabs" extension instead. You can also use another extension "Open Bookmarks Slowly" to keep from overwhelming your PC's RAM, but at least these won't make a mess of your system's sessions like this poor extension that has become, de facto, unmaintained and out of date.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoHope you take the time to read the response.
Regarding the bugs and problems that I reported as being solved, most probably I did that because I genuinely thought that I fix them. If they are not fixed or other issues appear after a while that's something different. Please consider that Firefox nowadays makes so many updates that simply you can't control. Addon developers have 0 control over what Firefox is nowadays and everything is designed for the rest of the users... that basically may have 1-2 addon or non at all installed... and power users have been left behind somehow simply because they don't matter in the grant scheme. Now I'm not saying that things are intentionally, but all these constant updates can brake stuff... make addons resets internal settings, disable them, and so many similar things. When this happen the addon developer have done nothing wrong but most of the users blame addon developers for these kind of errors as well.
Now I'm not saying that addons are clean and there are no bugs in them. Clearly is not the case.
In my case, I know that there are some issues, but was not really able to figure them out, when and why they happen. That doesn't mean that I'm right and a particular user is wrong and the addon is perfectly fine. Not at all... it just mean that I might have a very hard time finding the actual cause of the issues.
I have several of those like it's the one your describing above:
For example certain settings may make the restoring functionality to restore everything in reverse order. I can see that, and that's why I added an option to reverse the restoring of tabs. What I can't really get to reproduce is why you say they are scrambled. I simply can't make this happen... Trust me I'm really trying, I have really no idea why and how to do that. If I could understand where it's happening I can find the root cause and fix it. But in programming usually if you're not able to reproduce something is extremely hard to fix it. I look over the code again and again and things seems fine. My only concern is not to be something internally in Firefox that somehow when I tell him... please restore 1, 2, 3 he reorders them somehow into whatever else. But I can't tell if that's true or not because I can't reproduce it. Really really sorry about it.
The addon is unmaintained and out of date. I understand why you say that but it's not really true. I care about the addon a lot, but I simply considered that most of the functionality is solid enough and things work as they are suppose to. I do have a few issues reported, and lots of features requested, but imagine that working on them it's not 1-2 hours. I'm not a bad programmer and I can work pretty fast... but things can take a lot of time. New features need to be tested well before releasing them so I have to take into consideration that. Now, here's the problem, in the last few years I simply had very little time to invest into this addon (because life). I hope you understand that getting 1, 5, 10 $ through donation (once in a while... which I mean months), it's only as a form of thank you from some people that are really happy with the product and that in reality they really can't help you invest more time into developing the addon. Free open source addons don't help you live from a month to another... so as anyone around me that has to provide for themselves, I had to prioritize my job, other projects and so on, you know things that would actually... buy you food or whatever else you may dream of (even if that's not essential). And I think that it's perfectly fine.
Sadly, I have around 2-3 updates that were kind of ready, but are only available on Github, and I was not able to release them simply because I did have time to test the new features thoroughly.
It's the addon perfect. No not at all. Does it have issues. Seems so, but depends a lot on what you do. In my case it's a core part of my daily browser experience and it's really hard for me to live without it. I use it a lot. And it does the job perfectly without any errors for years. But at the same time I don't use all the features, I rarely restore full sessions and most of the time I interact with very few of the links and save new ones and so on. But when I do restore some sessions I have not seen errors (myself again... can' tell anything about anyone else)
Is the addon out of date. I personally don't think. There are many new people that try it and they like it and for them it's really useful. So it's always based on our personal experience with thinks. I just hope that with time when I will be able to finally make a serious update to it, I will fix as many things as possible that people have been reporting lately. Also... think about it... If I have not updated it... what exactly went wrong if issues started to pop-out in the last period. Most probably Firefox did something internally with an update that may have broke something from the addon. As addon developers, we simply can't put up with that. Having so many updates that may break things and us constantly be ready to fix things when it happens :D.
I may have a different view on this than others, but I put here the addon in the hope that it would help others as much as it helps me from day to day. It's not perfect, it's not good for everyone, but it's an option for those that find it useful.
Lastly, nothing I said above it's an excuse for your bad experience with the addon. I just stated some facts as I see them. I'm sorry about all the issues that you had and just so you know I will definitely try to fix things when I know exactly what goes wrong. Right now, trust me, I really have no clue. If you can give me any hint, concrete example that I can reproduce, that would be perfect and I might be able to fix it.
Thanks for using the addon for as long as you did, have a nice day.
- by HOLM, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great tab and session manager. Very functional, intuitive interface, progressive design and flexible to use as you like. Will be eager to make feature suggestions on this one to the devr, because they have built something here investing time and energy to support is very deserved. Good show.
- by grahamperrin, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Lack of support for a multi-window session – as far as I can tell, each window is a session and each one must be restored separately:
- by MrPink, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Well, it did a good a job for at least 3 months. Then Firefox crashed when updating and no tabhistory and sessions survived. Since Firefox restarted there was no chance of recovering data while Firefox overwrites the sessionstore file. I just got the bookmarksbackup folder but the Session Sync folder inside was empty. I don´t know if the session are saved separately but I strongly recommend that the extension will do in future, or something similar redundant. If there is a magical trick that brings back my session please let me know.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoI'm sorry to hear that. Just so you know. Tab history can be deleted if the addon is removed. Yes there were some reported cases where it went blank even without that, but in the case of Bookmarks. If any bookmarks was removed after firefox crashed, that can be the addon fault. The addon will never under any circumstance delete Bookmarks randomly. It will only delete if you specifically delete something yourself but other than that, what is saved as bookmarks (the Session tab) remains saved and will never be deleted by the addon even if you remove the addon. Bookmarks are there and it was the only way to make sure that data will be preserved no matter what happened to the addon or if you removed it. I can assure you that if you lost any bookmarks Firefox the addon is not the one to blame here. Make sure you backup your bookmarks once is a while, or use a Firefox account to sync then across many devices. Usually Firefox keeps multiple bookmarks restore points, just make sure you check all of them because I really don't know why would the bookmark vanish just like that. If you need more details please contact me over email (use the Feedback button from the addon)
- by Aaron Bohot, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5I really like this add-on... Like, a lot. I ran into a bit of a problem, though, where the history feature does not update. I have a session every day, but when I have to restore a lost session (having unrelated issues with Firefox over that), the last session I can restore through Session Sync is several months old. It used to update, like, hourly, which was really helpful.
I understand that you've addressed this in other reviews, though, so I know I'm not saying anything new. I was concerned about reinstalling since I thought I might lose the stuff I'd saved with Session Sync, but reading your other responses it seems like that's not an issue... Will reinstall and see if that solves the problem.
Other than that, though, a wonderful extension and quite helpful... I'm a bit of a tab hog, and the ability to store lots of tabs for a specific project easily under a label and access them only when I need them has really saved my computer a lot of stress.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHi, and thanks a lot the review. Sadly, as in this case, it seems that there's a strange issue some user encounter once in a while which somehow makes History completely unusable, and even deletes the data. I know very well about it and I tried again and again to find a solution to it but I simply can't understand why it happens in the first place (without finding the actual solution it's really hard to fix it). I need to redesign the whole History saving feature and probably this issue will be solved as well. I'm really sorry that you also had this problem :( Hope that reinstalling it solved the problem in your case. Thanks for your support, even though you had problems with it. This kind of feedback gives me a lot of reasons to continue to improve the project further.
- by Firefox user 15051113, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5Update: I understand.. But quick question will reinstalling the app deletes all the data that I have saved? Is there a way to backup all the files before I do that just in case? I am running firefox on Mac OS. Please help..
I am having an issue of empty history... I don't know what I did wrong but somehow the add-on is not saving any history. The history section is empty.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoUpdate: If you reinstall Firefox, you must backup your bookmarks first. But if you reinstall the addon you don't have to do anything. All bookmarks can be saved from the Bookmark Manager : should be Command + SHIFT + B on Mac I think. And there you have Import/Export/Restore functions for bookmarks. History sessions are saved in memory and sadly those can't be exported right now . Since they are deleted after a while I never consider adding an option to save those as well but I might do this in the near feature because a few users expect this functionality as well.
I'm really sorry for the issue, I know that a few more users experienced the same behavior but it's really hard to understand why and when it happens. I'm not even sure if it actually caused by the addon or some specific settings from Firefox itself that prevents the saving. I think the only way to restore it is to reinstall the addon. I will look more into the code to find if there's anything I can do about this. There's definitely an error somewhere but without being able to reproduce the issue I can only hope to gather as many info as possible of why this is happening after a while and maybe find a solution. Again I'm really sorry, if you may possible help me identifying the error by sending me some info over mail (see feedback button from the app) that would be really helpful.
- by Karish, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, just what i was looking for!,
Although i would like to have a feature that it would be possible to turn on/off from the options menu,
The feature would be that it could be possible to see the URL in small font under each Title at the session's tabs list,
Would be perfect if it could be done please, thanks, otherwise, awesome job!
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThanks a lot for the review. Actually the idea is really good. I will add it to the feature list. Can't promise how fast will be integrated but I will add it for sure.
- by Firefox user 14931639, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Nice addon !
... but how can I delete all sessions in tab "Sessions" ?
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThanks for review. The easiest way to delete everything is just open Bookmark Menu (CTRL + SHIFT + B) and select the SessionSync folder and delete any folder you want from there (or all of them). Assuming that by deleting you really mean to remove them completely, that's the easiest way. Of course you can't really restore them after that. If you think you need them you can just move them elsewhere and they won't be showing anymore in the "Session" Tab