To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Session Manager 0.8.1.13
Session Manager saves and restores the state of all or some windows - either when you want it or automatically at startup and after crashes. It can also automatically save the state of open windows individually.
About this Add-on
This extension replaces SessionSaver and Tab Mix Plus' session manager. Session Manager is compatible with Tab Mix Plus. It can import sessions from both SessionSaver and Tab Mix Plus.
See http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org/documentation.html for the complete users and options guide.
Feedback can be sent to support email address listed to the top right or at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2308889. The later is preferred.
If you are having problems, please open the Browser Console (Firefox/Tools -> Web Development -> Browser Console) and disable and re-enable Session Manager and look for errors in the error console. If there aren't any enable logging in the options menu and disabling and re-enable Session Manager again and send the logs to the email address listed on the right.
NOTE: I CANNOT OFFER SUPPORT THROUGH THE REVIEW PAGES, PLEASE USE THE SUPPORT LINKS TO THE RIGHT. IF REPORTING A PROBLEM, PLEASE READ THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
Note: Firefox 28 changes the way menus work. Session Manager doesn't display in the new minimized menu, but will still show in the old Tools menu which can be displayed by pressing the ALT key.
Please only post reviews here. For feedback or support use the support links above. Also see the home page for documentation.
POTENTIAL PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS:
1. WARNING: IF YOU ENABLE ENCRYPTED SESSIONS AND RUN CCLEANER DO NOT ENABLE THE OPTION TO DELETE FIREFOX PASSWORDS. DOING SO WILL WIPE OUT THE KEY3.DB FILE IN YOUR FIREFOX PROFILE AND MAKE IT SO YOUR SESSION MANAGER SESSIONS CAN NOT BE DECRYPTED!
2. Save button / menu item does not work and/or is grayed out - Likely your browser is set to "Never remember history" (i.e. permanent private browsing) history in the Privacy options. Due to Mozilla's policy that Add-ons MUST respect private browsing, Session Manager won't allow saving of private windows. This includes in backup sessions. Disable permanent private browsing and you will be able to save non-private windows again. If you don't like this, don't blame me, it's Mozilla's policy. See http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2010/02/23/private-browsing-support-required-for-add-ons/
3. Recovering from a crash doesn't work - Crash recovery won't work at all if the user sets the option to never remember history or start up in permanent private browsing mode since no crash recovery data is saved by the browser. If you want to be able to recover from crashes don't set the browser to never remember browser history.
- Fix issues with Firefox 53.
- Multi-process support.
- Fix issue where autosave sessions would not save all open tabs on a browser crash if user unchecked tabs when restoring crashed session
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 0.8.1.13pre20170130b: