To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Use case: When you are on http://localhost/page.html (your development server) and click the Server Switcher icon you will instantly be redirected to http://yoursite.com/page.html (your live server) and vice versa. The server names, here "localhost" and "yoursite.com", are of course configurable.
* Icon in address bar (see screenshots).
* You can create multiple projects (development/live-server pairs).
* Keybord shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+X
* Open local/remote server in a new tab with middle click or CTRL+leftclick.
* Support for subdirectories, different ports and local files.
To export your settings to another installation, just copy the file serverswitcher.sqlite from your Firefox profile directory (see http://support.mozilla.com/en-us/kb/Profiles ).
Development in git: https://github.com/Bronkoknorb/Server-Switcher/