To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Semantic Turkey 0.7.2r Requires Restart
Semantic Turkey: a Knowledge Acquisition and Ontology Management Framework.
Important: read developers' comments below to get to the download (for the right version)!
About this Add-on
The version of Semantic Turkey on the Firefox site is not updated. The extension is quite big, and despite all of our efforts to simplify the review process, we have never managed to get it fully accepted AND to have reviews keeping the pace with the new versions we released in the meanwhile.
So...in order to get a fully functional (and updated) version of Semantic Turkey, pls go to its project site:
P.S: if the absence of updates here makes you doubtful about possible maliciousness of the extension, well, go to the community page and check messages there to be reassured. You might also want to check its bigger "collaborative" brother, VocBench which is based on the same server, and replaces the Firefox interface with a collaborative web application
Semantic Turkey is a Firefox based Knowledge Management and Acquisition tool based on Semantic Web Technologies.
It can also be seen as a "bookmark system on steroids", which allows you to separate the WHAT (people, events, organizations...any kind of thing) that you are interested in, from the WHERE (the pages that you bookmark that contain information about them).
While traditional bookmarking always ends up in tons of page which are rather difficult to organize, with ST you can define your personal domain of interest through a conceptual representation called ontology. You can then add objects to the ontology, describe them through attributive properties or connect them through relational properties, and, at the same time, keep track of (bookmark) the pages where you find information about them. These operations need not to be performed in a strict order: with very simple drag&drops, you can add new objects while you find them on the web.
Visit the official web site on:
for detailed instructions
This new version of Semantic Turkey no longer includes the Java server. This has been made necessary by the strict security policies of the addons site of Mozilla, which have practically forbidden loading extensions with non-trivial binary content.
The server of Semantic Turkey can be downloaded separately here:
Instructions for running ST are on its main site:
* fixed a BUG in the response packaging in the server to always reply with properly UTF-8 encoded characters
* fixed BUG in SPARQL panel (on client, UI project) preventing language tagged property values to be shown (javscript null pointer exception)
* added a new updateRoutine (see UpdateRoutines in resources package) for specifying the ModelType of main-project if it is not present (that is, if the main-project comes from an earlier version of SemanticTurkey)
* added support for SKOS / SKOS-XL
* removed constraint on "at least a type (not owl:Thing) for each resource", now owl:Thing is always visible
* added support for OWLART API ModelConfiguration
* new support for graph view of the ontology through a new applet based on Jung graph java library
* improved Mac compatibility (still considered unstable)
* improved assignment of values from properties, by inferring proper range type from both type of the range and of the property itself
* support for content negotation (now import functionality always asks for proper RDF format, by inferring it from the file extension, default is RDF/XML)