To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
SeLite Hands-on GUI 0.06.1-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
by Peter Kehl
Before installing, see the urgent note in its Details.
SeLite Hands-on GUI - Selenium IDE extension. It makes Selenium IDE GUI more practical. You can edit comments and targets and values of commands 'in place' (where they are listed).
This add-on has been marked as experimental by its developers
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:
This add-on requires the following add-ons to work properly:
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:113,202 users
About this Add-on
This productivity add-on is affected by Firefox defect "tree.inputField's type as autocomplete fails". Vote for that bug, please.
Your vote is essential. Otherwise Mozilla may take years to fix it. Please, also vote for http://selite.github.io/ThirdPartyIssues.
SeLite Hands-on GUI is an extension of Selenium IDE. See http://selite.github.io/ and http://selite.github.io/Components.
It makes Selenium IDE GUI more practical:
- you can edit commands and comments an 'in place' by clicking at them (where they are listed). In order to edit 'in place'
- click at a cell, or
- select a row (more below), then hit Enter or I or M, or
- edit another cell, then hit TAB or Shift+TAB.
- After you select a row, you can use key shortcuts 'I' and 'M' to insert new command and comment, respectively, and to edit it 'in place'. (Similarly, pressing I or M in right click context menu goes to edit 'in place'). New commands or comments come with initial indentation.
- 'Command' cell (of commands, i.e. non-comments) operates with autocomplete dropdown.
- 'Target' cell (of commands, i.e. non-comments) overflows to the right (if there is nothing in 'Value' cell), which lets you see long selectors.
- Sometimes auto-complete of command names doesn't work when editing 'in place'. Workaround: Use the detailed edit area.
- Editing 'in place' doesn't mark the test case as modified, and (therefore) the change doesn't get saved if you press Ctrl+S while still editing the cell. You need to 'confirm' the change by e.g. focusing away from the cell, or by hitting Enter. Only then save the test case.
Backwards compatibility: Selecting whole row
You can still benefit from classic Selenium IDE operations with command/comment rows (such as key shortcuts to insert or delete row, copy or paste rows, to toggle breakpoints...). In order to select a row, click (or right-click) at it and hit ESC. If you'd like to execute a command, double-click at its first column (Command).
Don't report any issues here (through Mozilla). Use http://selite.github.io/TroubleShooting.
Get more value
You may benefit from other components of SeLite family. It
- improves Selenium IDE,
- enables reuse,
- supports reporting and interaction,
- facilitates team work.
Please, give moral support. Vote for third party issues. Only then SeLite can progress faster.