To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Main features are:
• Captures keywords entered in any search engine or Firefox search bar.
• Can highlight any mix of formatting text including special characters.
• Detects changes in the page and automatically highlights matching keywords if any.
• A retractable toolbar allows managing keywords and scrolling.
• Frames and iframes are fully supported.
• All occurrences of multiple text selections can be highlighted in one click.
• All occurrences of a single word can be highlighted by double-clicking on it.
• Up to eight colors can be user defined.
• Text can be highlighted or underlined using two independent color sets.
Here are some helpful explanations that are not yet included in the help window:
• If the "Auto-clear keyword list" preference is checked, the keyword list will be automatically cleared if one of the following conditions is met:
- Opening a link from the bookmark menu or the personal bar.
- Opening a link from any history panel including Firefox's address bar history menu.
- Entering an URL in Firefox's address bar.
- When Firefox closes.
• If the "Enable keyword capture" preference is checked, the keyword list will be overriden with the last keywords entered in a search engine or Firefox's search bar, regardless of the state of the "Auto-clear keyword list" preference. Notice that keyword capture is disabled in the active tab if the toolbar button is grayed out.
Also, in capture mode, the keyword list is automatically overriden when opening a page displaying previous search results, unless they are the current ones.
This allows the user to delete or add keywords to the originally captured ones, avoiding to override the list each time he returns to the current search result page.
• Clicking on the "Reset keyword list" button will erase the whole keyword list. However, If the active tab is a search results page and the "Enable keyword capture" preference is checked, the list will be overridden with the keywords of this search results page.
- Fixed a bug causing highlight by double-clicking not working if the toolbar button is not installed.
- Fixed a bug causing number of matches found not been displayed in some circumstances.
- Various improvements.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: