Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Added two links to the Formatted View: "Try mining the current page template" and "Restore the default page template".
* Updated the Google extraction template again since it has reverted its recent HTML changes.
* Removed image.cn.yahoo.com from the default engine list since it now has frame-busting protection.
* Removed answers.com since it no longer works.
* Added the following new engines:
* Changed www.google.com/en to www.google.com/ncr (English version)
* Removed the next button not found error reported by the AMO editor.
* Bypassed the mining process when the browser's location is null.
* Added live.com to the default search engine list per a user's request.
* Fixed the page template for wikipedia.
* Declares that we can work with Firefox 3.0 pre.
* Fixed the youtube template.
* Fixed Firefox 3.0 compatibility issues for baidu.com and yisou.com and now we can work with at least 3.0b3.
* Fixed the default templates for those image search engines.
* Made wikipedia one of the default 3 search engines for non-zh locales (taking the position of ask.com which is damn slow).
* Fixed the favicons in the Mapping View (we now use ordinary with tooltips :))
* Always sticking to the formatted view per cnhackTNT++'s suggestion.
* Fixed the default selector patterns for the following sites due to their recent changes in page tempaltes:
* Fixed the font size of www.yahoo.cn, www.yahoo.com, and www.yisou.com
* Also make the keyword lightlights in these two sites' formatted view red rather than bold and black.
* Added a loading icon to the mapping view since its loading is not that fast.
* Updated jquery.js to the latest release, 1.2.2.
* Made yisou.com one of the default search engines instead of www.yahoo.cn which is a bit slow.
* Renamed so.163.com to www.yodao.com due to 163's changes.
* Found a theme that can break SearchAll: Scribblies Kids 2.3 (thanks to Liu Jianqiang).
* Fixed the font for search.yahoo.com in the Formatted View.
* Fixed a refreshing issue regarding www.ask.com in the Formatted View when web is slow.
* Fixed the opensearch shortcut for www.yodao.com
* Fixed the displaying bug when working with the theme Scribblies Kids 2.3. (Thanks this theme's author for bringing me a fix.)
* Made the icons in Mapping View behave more correctly.
It provides a visual way to show the corelationship among the 3 search engines in effect.
* Added tooltips to icons used in fmt view.
(Thanks Liu Jianqiang for this suggestion.)
* Added to install.rdf as per the AMO editor's advise.
* Updated the page template for image.baidu.cn in the cache since it has changed its template.
* Added 'Trying mining the original view' link when no results were found, so that we won't be too panic when sites change their page templates.
* Fixed the pattern miner which broke in the previous few versions.
* Always display 'Sorry, no results found' in the Formatted View at the *right* time.
Thanks my new AMO editor Archaeopteryx++ for reporting this :)
* Fixed the rightclick & paste/copy/... bug in SearchAll toolbar's textbox. thanks erdi++ for tracing the issue down
* Fixed a bug in thread.js which prevents unnecessary refreshes of the Formatted view.
* Fixed a long-standing bug regarding URL menu selection persistence.
No duplicate search engines will appear at the same time now (unless the user forces it to).
* Now defaulting to English search engines (yahoo.com, google.com/en, and ask.com) when the user's locale is not zh-*.
* Rewrote the JS internals by using the OO style.
* Implemented daemon threads which incrementally render the Formatted views while the Original views are loading.
So SearchAll should be much faster in relatively bad web conditions.
* Added OpenSearch shortcuts for most of the sites in the default list.
So it should be now 50% faster at startup as well as when switching search engines.
* Removed search.cpan.org from the default SE list since it's new page template is troublesome for data extracting.
* Added support for the Spanish locale es-ES, thanks Gregorio Villarrubia for contributing the transcript.
* Now SearchAll tests each result link in the Formatted view by sending AJAX HEAD requests.
It now has 5 potential marks: Checking, Bad, Good, Timed out, and Uncertain (clouds).
* Added I18N support. The following locales are supported:
zh-CN, zh-TW, en-US, and fr
The fr locale needs review. Feedback welcome!
* Added SearchAll logo as the icons for the menu items.
* No blank blocks in the Formatted view any more :)
* Prepended the sites's favicon.ico to each block in the Formatted view.
* Now we have a homesite here:
and a Chinese version for this site as well:
* Now you can search words in web pages directly by select & right-click. See the following flash demo for details:
* Applied mystic++'s patch from #extdev to change FF's tab icon to our own logo.
* Added the following sites to our default search engine URL lists:
* Fixed a bug in the Formatted view: now we no longer display empty entries in the results list.
* Fixed a bug in the Formatted view: now we filters in the result snippets.
* Added the following new Chinese search engines to the default URI list:
* Added the following new image search engines to the default URI list:
* Fixed yisou.com so that SearchAll can work with it in 'page mode'.
* Fixed the timer for next/prev page button actions.
* Fixed the hostname hash bug. Now 2 identical SE's (such as 2 yahoo.cn) can work at the same time.
* Now we use '' labels instead of arrow icons in the navigation buttons.
* Set clickSelectsAll for the toolbar's textbox (just like the Google toolbar :)).
* Fixed a bug for Mac Firefox. Unlike linux and win32, Mac centers the tabs which breaks the UI. thanks cnhackTNT++ for reporting this.
* Refreshing the .xul page in 'page mode' now (mostly) works.
* Fixed a bug that baidu.com will show loading animation forever when there's no results at all.
* Hides 'please enter your queries above' as early as possilbe in 'page mode'.
* Removed several setTimeout calls in the JS code so as to make things a bit faster.
* Cached the html so that next/prev page switching is now much more smoothly.
* Use WPL.STATE_IS_NETWORK instead of STATE_IS_WINDOW to eliminate bogus progressing actions.
* Improved and optimzied the pattern mining algorithm and implementation.
* Made the auto-form-submitting code much smarter.
* Added the `loading.gif' animation to the Formatted View while loading and computing.
* Fixed the timer to make the benchmark results more intuitive (or more reasonable).
* Now we use the "application lightening" icon in the toolbar's button.