To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
NEW NEW NEW
- Neuer Suchbereich von Firefox 34
- HTTPS wird von Yahoo und Bing angeboten
- Unterstützung der Suchmaschine DuckDuckGo
- Unterstützung der Suchmaschine Qwant
Main features Version 1.0:
- Extends search functions of Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Qwant, Ixquick, Startpage and Ask(if the corresponding search engine installed)
- Selection between web site search or internet search.
- Restrict your search for e. g. images, videos, documents or addresses (if the search engine support it).
- Search for highlighted text.
- Reusing of opened tabs (Useful for Firefox 3).
- Use of HTTPS for Google SSL, DuckDuckGo, Qwant, Ixquick and Startpage for increased security.
- Enable-/disable search types.
- Support of Firefox Sync for Settings (BETA).
- Control + K (Firefox specific!):
- F4: opens search engine menu (Firefox specific!)
- F7: opens search mode menu
- F8: opens file type menu (if filetypes supported)
- F5 and F6 are already in use by Firefox.
- Google (SSL)
- Ixquick HTTPS or see FAQ: "How to use Ixquick / Startpage with search suggestions."
- Startpage (SSL) or see FAQ: "How to use Ixquick / Startpage with search suggestions."
Download and install this Add-On. The new functions will be available after restarting Firefox.
Please read following notes and frequently asked questions.Notes:
The use of https can increase security, but it can also slow down the loading of the result page.
Use of shortcuts:
- This Add-On is incompatible with other searchbar extendable Add-Ons!!
Currently no support of new search panel introduced in Firefox 34. Setting "browser.search.showOneOffButtons" should be "false".
Compatibility problems with Firefox 23+ are resolved with version 1.0.1.
To report any compatiblity problems please use Add-on Compatibility Reporter.
Q: How can I enable advanced search functions for e. g. “Ask”?
A: Add the corresponding search engine to Firefox. The new functions will immediately be available without restarting Firefox. Following list contains compatible search engines:
Q: I am using a search engine called “Google Scholar”. Is this engine compatible with this Add-On?
A: No. To prevent overlaying other search engines, only following search engines with exactly following names are compatible:
“Google” or “Google (SSL)”, “Yahoo”, “Ixquick” or “Ixquick HTTPS”, “Bing” and “Ask” WITHOUT furthermore additions.
Other search engines like “Amazon” will not be affected.
Q: I want to search for word-documents with „Bing“. Is it possible?
A: No. Not every search engine supports the same search functions. Following lists shows the compatibility between search engine and search functions:
Documents like Word or PDF:
- Google and Yahoo
Videos and images:
- Google, Yahoo, Ixquick (ony internet search), Bing and Ask
Maps (only internet search):
- Google, Yahoo and Bing
Q: I have installed an older version (“Search this site”). What are the differences between the older and newer versions?
A: The current version integrates into Firefox’s search bar. The separate search bar and some user-preferences like shortcuts have been removed. These changes will automatically install after update.
Q: I can’t see some images for file types.
A: This Add-On uses icons of corresponding programs for files with one of the following extensions: html, .pdf, .txt, .avi und .jpeg. If you cannot see e. g. the PDFicon you have to install a PDF-Reader.
Q: How to use Ixquick / Startpage with search suggestions?
A: Go to Ixquick mainpage. In the right coner select "Settings". On the left side under "GET MORE IXQUICK" click on "Add Ixquick to your Browser". Choose a language and click on "install" behind "HTTPS" (for more security) or "HTTP" (faster, but less secure).
Same steps for Startpage.
Q: How can I switch between new search panel and old search bar?
A: Open a new tab, enter about:confg, accept message and set browser.search.showOneOffButtons=true (search panel) or browser.search.showOneOffButtons=false (old search bar).
Q: Why does DuckDuckGo suuport Maps and HTML?
A: DuckDuckGo supports many commands called "Bangs" (duckduckgo.com/bang.html) It uses these commands to use other services. Maps will be supported by Open Source Routing Map (OSRM) based on OpenStreetMap and HTML on World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) wiki w3schools.com.
Q: What about roadmap and bugfixing.
A: "Advanced search" will be developed in leisure time. New features and patches will be published in sporadical interval.
- Support of "https://encrypted.google.com/search"
Evaluation of possibility:
- No domain / country redirects.
- Usage of HTTPS now supported by Yahoo! and Bing
- Support of DuckDuckGo (https). Using Open Source Routing Machine (OSRM) powered by OpenStreetMap for Maps. Using w3schools.com for type HTML.
- Support of Qwant (https)
- Switched from maps.google.com to google.com/maps