Rated 4 out of 5 stars
It works when it works. It often never logs in. How do I make it log in and do it's job?
Does the job well! Great 1st version, terrible name Rated 4 out of 5 stars
So far, very impressed.
I've used the Webmail Notifier add-on to monitor my gmail & hotmail for ages, but the hotmail account began to fail a few months back and successive versions have not fixed it.
1) Simple install (no account info - presumably uses cookie info)
2) Grabs my gmail and hotmail without issue (that's the main thing)
2) Options. I'd like to change how often mail is checked for each account. I'd like to choose how I am prompted. I'd like to access my primary account with 1 click on the add-on button. I'd like to access all options through right-click on the add-on button, rather than going through Firefox menus.
3) Popup Window. I would prefer to access mail that arrives without 2 clicks. Either one click on the add-on button or right click -> click account? The popup window means I have to click the add-on button, move to the middle of the screen and click a link.
4) Clear Count: When I click an account I'd like the add-on notification to clear / disappear. I've read the mail at that point.
5) HTML Chars: It's a detail but in the hover window I get #39; where an apostrophe (') should be. you need to decode those.
6) Name. I'm aware that language issues are complex and this is quite personal... but for western audiences a shorter name (e.g. 'Mail Snitch') would be much more memorable than 'Search and e-mail notification widget v0.1'.
I hope that's useful. With some updates I think it could be great!
Thank you very much for your advice.
Will do some improvement in the next version.