To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
SCY Firefox Extension to highlight selections in the HTML document and submit a resource file to the repository of open learning objects (RoOLO). Visit http://www.scy-net.eu/ for more information.
About this Add-on
- The Add-on uses a sidebar for creating the "summary", which can be toggled
- Highlight Selections: Highlighted selections (multiline, multi-paragraph, containing Hyperlinks, etc.) are shown in the sidebar as a non-editable list with tooltips. The sources are automatically added to the sidebar.
- De-Highlight Selections: Delete highlighted selections from within context-menu or sidebar.
- The user can comment the summary and add some meta-data (title).
- Preview as HTML: A styled HTML-Page for preview functionality will be generated and displayed.
- Save ELO: XML data of the summary will be created and send to a webservice via HTTP including User-Data for authentication
- User and Server Data are stored in Firefox Browser-preferences.
- Localization: English and German localization at the moment. It is easy extendable (.properties and .dtd files)!
- Open sidebar: The extension mainly consists of a sidebar. To highlight parts of a webpage, first you have to open the sidebar (called SCY-Sidebar). You have to open the context-menu by right-clicking (windows) into your browser-frame and select "SCY-Sidebar". Alternatively you can use the shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + S"
- Highlight Selection: Draw a selection on any webpage and open the context-menu on this selection (right-clicking on windows), choose "Highlight Selection". The Text will be highlighted (yellow) and a menuitem and a source appears in the sidebar. Alternatively you can drag and drop the text to the summary-box in the sidebar. You can also drag and drop images (not links to images!) into the sidebar (target is also the summary-box). Of Course, these actions are only available, when the sidebar is not hidden!
- Delete Selections: Open the context-menu on the selection you want to delete and choose "De-Highlight Selection" from the popup. Alternatively you can select (multiple) items in the summary-box and click the "Remove Selection" button below the summary-box.
- Preview Summary: If you want to see an html-representation of the whole summary, click the "Preview!"-button on the bottom of the sidebar-content. A new window is opened, which previews the summary, including the images (if you have dragged some to the summary-box).
- Save ELO: You can export the ELO to a webserver and use it later in SCYLab