- by Firefox user 12861997, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5This plugin may seem hard to configure and use at first, but if you take your time to test what each setting may change or break in a website. then this extensions will start working in your favor and the way you want it to work.
(also you will most likely have to whitelist some websites, but for my configuration i rarely do this)
i use this mainly because of the fingerprint and privacy options and so far it is working for me
i recommend NOT fully trusting a website but instead clicking allow and seeing which part in the blocked items you should allow too.
also recommend saving the options you have in a txt through the export settings so it doesnt end up being removed by ccleaner or something
- by Firefox user 16277430, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Gute Sache. Man braucht ne Weile bis man für die Seiten die man besucht die richtigen Einstellungen hat. Bildzeitung habe ich damit werbefrei bekommen!
Die Einstellungen exportieren ist auch gut damit sie nicht verloren gehen.
- by Brandon, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Works very well! So nice to keep ad trackers away.
If you have issues with CCleaner:
In CCleaner > Options > Cookies >
Find a cookie that looks similar to a GUID. It looks like 23456789-1234-1234-1234-213213213123 (unique on each computer) and move it to 'cookies to keep'. This addon appears to store your whitelist in this cookie so don't delete it!
- by Firefox user 12253224, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I wanted to give a rating for this a long time ago.
I really do not understand complaints against addons like this for breaking sites, Do not people realise that addons that give options can be un0pted for a website instead of having to uninstall the addon ,Or even just click the disable option for that webSite.
I do not have problems with DuckDuckGo & if it does not load then you can just press the allow main script for it on toolbar, I really hope AndRYou has not totally forsaken this addon & can find time to update it where needed as it was to me a great all in one security tool that I still install even though its getting old without any updating & some things do not seem to work, but I give it 5Stars for the things that do.
- by -, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Best privacy plugin amongst all browsers. BUT it's not transparent: won't show you what it blocked in popup window or log in most cases. Very hard to debug what was blocked. that's a long term experience.
UPDATE: it's working less and less and less.. was slowly turning off options, and now i basically turned off 90%.. and it stays silent, never revealing what is blocked. Time to find another plugin.