- by Karma, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It took me awhile to whitelist all the sites I regularly use, but after that, ScriptSafe is a joy to use. It has helped me block several malicious scripts. I recommend getting a script blocker if you are online period.
- by Firefox user 14764001, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is a really great addon. but it is missing "RECT" detection. Ex: https://browserleaks.com/rects
No option for block or spoof "RECT" detection.
1. Please add Spoof for "RECT" detection.
2. Please add Spoof Local and X-Forward IP's with Custom and Random.
This addon also last updated on Dec 12, 2017. I hope you consider my suggestions and release new version with these options as soon as possible.
- by Firefox user 14072894, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I almost only uses functions in "Fingerprint Protection" part now, because blocking script by domain could be replaced by more powerful yet easy-to-use uMatrix. I'd advise this extension be called "TrackSafe" "APISafe" etc, focusing on block/spoof API by domain. :)
Also I'd advise you remove that MyWOT.com rating button setting, as MyWOT.com is untrustworthy.
P.S. Doesn't work on Android 5.1.1 (Firefox Nightly 66.0a1), option page keeps refreshing but displays nothing.
- by Firefox user 13441617, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Neat add-on, but how do i block one specific source in allowed items, like if it says 30 items allowed how do i block one thing without blocking the entire domain's scripts and pictures?
- by Firefox user 13446037, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very good extension. I was waiting for a very long time this portage from Chrome to Firefox as I was disatiisfied with NoScript (XUL version) with a bad and slow filtering engine forgetting a lot of hosts.
I recently switched from NoScript 10 to ScripSafe mainly for the very good real time synchronization process.
So I can share my settings with as many devices and system accounts I want, not being forced to recreate rules for all new user account created on a device.
But as today ScripSafe is missing important options :
1) The granularity is not good compared to NoScript 10 and uMatrix
Sometimes we need to authorize or forbide a specific element and ONLY a specific element as "images", "script" on a per site basis.
Today we can only forbide or authorize all element or eventually we can only modify some global options applying to all rules and NOT on per site basis.
Just look uMatrix, it does a really good job from that point of view, but uMatrix has no real time synchronization
2) it could be great to offer the user the way to edit manually some rules and to implement a standard joker system (usually * and ?)
Example : I define the provider MediaProvider as secure, but this MediaProvider is using the CDN hd.akaimai.net using the following structure, where XX is a random number
I don't want to fully authorize all subdomain of akamai.net, but only authorize the specific provider, so I want to be able to edit the rule and set
*.MediaProvider.hd.akamai.net rather than *.akamai.net as Akamai is used by many other clients, I just want to authorize a specific client.
3) Also... it would be nice to be able to edit IPv4 and IPv6 rules to authorize network mask.
For example I have defined that Provider X is using load balancing with no DNS Name through random addresses in the 18.104.22.168/24 network,
So instead of filling list with
and setting all the time the same rule, I just want to be able to edit the rules and setup a range of address with the same ruling
and also being able to do that in ipv6
- by Firefox user 13605937, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good work. But I have last time Probleme. When i open more taps and close it and i will see one ! Movie this Addon eat my Ram. When i kill this Prozess/AddOn i Have my Mem back and ScriptSafe dont work. I can only restart Firefox to use ScriptSafe now. When Opend again more Taps or Movies fails again.!
Beginn in 3 Gb and go go 7,8 Gb wiith one Movie Stream!, when i opend ealier more Taps. Only solution momentan close Firefox. And don t use more Taps or Movies in more Taps.Can you fix it?
- by Firefox user 11571316, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for the random agent spoofer options! Please add https://techblog.willshouse.com/2012/01/03/most-common-user-agents/ (this was specified in uMatrix) as a source of new user-agents. From there it is more convenient to take them))) We are waiting for mobile firefox support!) Will there be support for protection from XSS, Clickjecking/Clickclear?
P.S. I see real user-agent on http://ip-check.info.