- by VanguardLH, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Awesome Screenshot 3.0.21
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP-1
Takes forever to capture (using this Mozilla page for testing a capture). If I change focus to another window, even just Notepad, the capture is aborted in Firefox. I'd wait for over 12 minutes for a page capture while resisting to change focus to other windows and still the add-on failed: just a constant worthless "Capturing" message. Great, a super-slow add-on that won't continue the capture if focus changes to another window while waiting for their capture to do anything. Other capture programs (e.g., Nimbus Screenshot and Pearl Crescent Page Saver) are immediate when I capture a page (but those others have a short remaining lifetime since they are not Web Extension add-ons). This add-on is unusable (in my setup as noted above).
- by sdschramm, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I just want to capture a screenshot of the whole webpage. When I selected the option it says that it's capturing but never actually does anything. I need a one click solution and this is not the answer.
- by Aurelius Max, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I tested Version 3.0.21 (Last Updated: June 22, 2017)
on Firefox 54.0.1 (32 bit) on Windows 8 with 3.5 GB memory.
It installs Ok.
The first page I tested it on was 4chan's Comic and cartoon catalog, not particularly large with small thumbnails.
Problem 1: the addon slowly scrolls down the web page to complete its capture
Problem 2: the browser locked up for a good 5 minutes while the addon was (I guess) composing an editable screencapture in a new tab.
Problem 3: I noticed data was being downloaded from a third party website. Why? Will this work offline like other page savers?
Problem 4: once the capture was complete the cursor changes to a kind of paintbrush and the browser ran very slowly.
Memory use reached 3.5 GB.
I had to control-alt-delete for two minutes to regain my task manager and then able to close the Firefox tab with the editable capture. Browser and computer return to noemal operation.
Clearly something needs fixing here.
Pearl Crescent Page Saver does not do this, it just captures the whole web page and saves it in a file.
I use Pearly Crescent in my other Firefox profiles with no problem.
Pearl Crescent Page Saver does require a restart however, which is why I tried this "Awesome" one.
This might work for some people, but such an initial experience is enough for me to swear never again.
- by Iain, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Installed, rebooted Firefox 54. Tried to capture. It sits there indicating it is capturing. Nothing happens. Perhaps I need to create an account, but I don't want to. Uninstalled.
- by only me, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Took a long time to capture page, got bored, did something else for a min, the working icon had stopped, and now I don't know if there is a screenshot somewhere or not!
- by Firefox user 12597056, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5The positions almost never work. I place a text-box in one corner and it starts typing text in another corner.
Problematic capture: unless I want to use Diigo or Google, there are no other options because the Clipboard almost always fails.
Always full of bugs. Currently when I type captions, they are blank, and will only appear after I've finished. And then I realise it has run over and have to delete and repeat everything.
And probably my least favourite - all the typos and grammar errors. If you're making an add-on for English-speaking countries, get somebody to check your typos, otherwise it just makes you look extremely unprofessional.
- by WizOdd, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5When I selected a portion of the screen to capture in a Plarium.com flash-based game, the tool selected an area to the right of, and a different rectangular shape and size than I had selected.
- by micky, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5Took me to a pointless editing page with nothing on it, then wanted me to sign-up to them to see my screenshot, which was hosted somewhere else. Uninstalling, too much hassle
- by Firefox user 12531737, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5Too many steps needed to get to where I could copy the selected screen shot to the clipboard, and then it only held onto the data for 5 seconds -- not enough time to switch over to where I wanted to paste it.
- by Firefox user 12510285, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5New version looks horrible, can;t see tex I am typing, no way to save it as direct link, not usefull at all now, gonna have to remove ot and use other options
- by AYCO, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5I was so happy, and it was very handy module to take screenshots, with new update it has been very slow, and froozen too much, when writing, you cant see the text.. etc too many bugs.. Removed, no more using it.............