Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Added Russian translation (via Transifex; thank you Aleksandr Gladkov!).
Want to help with translations? See https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/scientific-calculator-toolbar/
- New: Add an indicator to the calculator panel that shows the current base for calculations (if it is not set to decimal).
- Various minor fixes and improvements
- Added Greek translation (via Transifex; thank you Wasilis Mandratzis-Walz!).
- Made some additional strings translatable.
- Added Chinese translation (via Transifex; thank you YFdyh000!).
- Added Dutch translation (via Transifex; thank you Heimen Stoffels!).
- New feature: Variables list and history can be cleared now by entering and evaluating the expression 'clear' in the calculator panel.
- Improve handling of "instantApply" in options dialog across operating systems.
Background: On some systems there are no OK/Cancel buttons, namely MacOS and Linux. Changes to settings should be applied immediately (but weren't) which could lead to unsaved constants/function/operator lists. This is resolved now.
- Improve style of history box and variables list across operating systems.
- Fix style of calculator panel on Mac OS (panel was too wide when placed in PanelUI).
- Added Macedonian translation (many thanks to inventif!)
- Automatically add the Scientific Calculator to Toolbar/PanelUI on first run after add-on installation
ansdid not work in complex calculation mode
- Fix: History box layout was optimized (long entries and variables could cause issues; this should be fixed in most cases now; if not please report the issue)
- Added Finnish translation (by Petja Touru, thank you!)
- Option to change access key added.
- Calculator menu can now be opened from within calculator panel with "page up" key.
- Some smaller fixes and optimizations.
- Calculator panel in tool-bar is collapsible again
- Improvements to keyboard support:
- Access key (default: Alt+C) is now localizable
- Escape key closes/collapses the calculator
- Improvements to mouse support:
- Middle click in calculator panel opens history pop-up
- Items in history can be selected by clicking
- Some translation fixes
- Some UI optimizations
Fixed issue on Firefox 9
Updated constant values
Some css changes
Fixed Firefox 3.6 install issue
But fix in history menu
Added custom error messages support
Custom functions and operators can also display error messages
Combined the calc icon and the text box amd added a close button
Improved the history popup
Improved code editor interface using codepress editor: http://codepress.sourceforge.net/changelog.php
In decimal mode directly type hexadecimal number starting with '0x' ex: 0xAAA
Added option for shortcut key customization. Change is applied on restart.
Added option to ignore comma in calculations
eg: 23,400 will be treated as 23400 (if the option is set to ignore)
but 23, 400 will still be treated as two different arguments.
Variable declaration enabled in complex mode
Improved localization. Added German localization: Thanks to Cyril Castelbou and Andreas Stadler
Fixed error due to 'use & as percent'
Fixed bug in code editor ( on deleting the function definition went permanently hidden)
Fixed history popup error: now variables are shown in the active base/mode
Note symbols available are ^,`,~,@,$,&,_,\,|,:,;,?,,-,+,* (one or combination of these)
Reimplemented comma(,) to dot(.) replacement. To use set the option in options window. To use comma in this mode just type comma followed by a space.
Some performance tweaks
Added keyboard shortcut alt+c for opening closing calculator.
Changed constants, functions implementation: now settings are preserved after update
Memory status (temporary variables declared) show in the history menu itself.
Changed the structure of options menu. Constants and setting clubbed into one.
Custom functions can be declared from the options menu. Three sample functions are provided.
fixed bug with french language.
Support for ThunderBird
(19.43-12.73 = 6.7 and not 6.69999999...)
fixed exponential operator error
(earlier 1e+7 gave error -- fixed)
*Support for latest version of firefox
Added option for treating comma as dot
*numbers made case sensitive
only uppercase for numbers in bases more than 10.
eg: 1AB24 (1ab24 will give error in hex mode)
*removed '~' from constants (constants only in lower case)
eg: sin(pi/2), e^ans*3
added customization options
added percent/modulo switch in options
10%3 = 1 (modulo)
10+50% = 15 (percent)
quick base switch using page-down key
angle switch b/w radian and degree
Firefox 3 compatible
New Complex mode calculations, ex: (1+i)*(1-i)
Added support for any arbitrary base (2 to 24) in real mode
Fixed bugs regarding trigonometric functions
Reformed Code structure
fixed bugs regarding sin, cos, tans functions in earlier version