- by Firefox user 14184469, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Our work site has banned downloading add-ons or any other software for reasonable security reasons.
Is there a way to download the file as a zip or any other form and then I can email it and then extract and install it (yes there is a minor loophole with zip files :))
- by Firefox user 14053506, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Mozilla Version is 52.7.2... SAML Tracer is not working at all.. If i downgrade to lower version SAML tracer, it's works for a day and upgrading to latest version automatically. Could you fix this issue, as we are struggling a lot with this tool..Hi!
Firefox updated its own extension framework from version 57, breaking most extensions and addons:
This is obviously no an addon's fault. All the 1.x releases of SAML-tracer are compatible with this new framework, but then they won't work with older versions of Firefox that don't include it. The other way around, older versions of SAML-tracer don't work with Firefox 57 and later.
As such, if you want to keep using Firefox 52.x, you'll need to stick to SAML-tracer 0.4. If you want to use the latest version of SAML-tracer, though, you'll need to upgrade Firefox to at least version 57.
Finally, SAML-tracer does not automatically update itself. This is a feature you have enabled in Firefox. If you don't want your addons to update automatically, then you need to disable this feature.
- by Firefox user 14018827, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great tool, use it almost daily. However, seems to be broken with Firefox 60.0. Hopefully this can be fixed soon!
Edit: Although I'm still getting a blank window when first opening SAML Tracer, I noticed that right-clicking in the window will restore functionality. Not ideal, but good enough for now.
- by Firefox user 13811402, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hi there,
The add on is not working, it is not reading/showing any traffic, please solve it!
I'm trying to use it on Firefox for Redhat 7 and in a KVM Windows 7 that runs over the same redhat.
- by Firefox user 13550324, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5This new add on is a disappointment,
the scrolling starts and is not responsive in some cause to stop
there is no way to output the session http, parameter, SAML , at least that I have found
I had to get special authorities to be able to see the logs as our workplace has images they try to secure
the icon being on the top corner of browser, doesn't really assist assist since you still have to click on it to have it start, similar to having to go to tools and open. So we gained one click but lost in having to stop filter and auto scroll.
had to upgrade version of firefox I was using to be able to use
all in all not happy, like the old version and functionality better it had a five star as opposed to how it is now, it was very user friendly.Hi!
The last version (1.0) was released precisely to make it work with the latest version of Firefox, as with the change in the extension framework the extension stopped working. This means we had to find a compromise solution and remove some functionality in order to have the extension out as soon as possible.
This was clearly stated in the release notes:
> SAMLtracer is now compatible with Firefox 57 and later
> thanks to the contribution of Jan Köhler.
> It includes a major redesign of the user interface. The ability
> to import and export traces is missing for the moment, but
> will be added back as soon as possible.
That given, it makes absolutely no sense to update Firefox to install this release of the extension, as you are losing functionality and some things are likely to not work. If you weren't using the latest version of Firefox, you should have stayed with it if SAMLtracer was critical to you and you needed the ability to import/export traces.
Resource filtering and autoscroll is still in place and working, though. Could you clarify what's the problem with those? I'm afraid I don't understand either why you say you needed "special authorities to be able to see the logs"?
- by Firefox user 13550503, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm only giving three stars this time. Here is why....normally SAML tracer is a 5 star great extension, tremendously useful. BUT with teh new version lacking the ability to import and export.....its completely useless to me now for troubleshooting. I'll revert to an older version but I look forward to the newer update once its fixed. Overall GREAT tool!!