- by Fleet Command, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I am impressed. At first, I thought it is just a status bar, but it is a full package.
Still, the way it writes date and time irks me. (I understand I may be a little too picky in this area.) I think an app or add-on must query Windows for the user's regional preferences. That aside, however, why professionally accepted styles like "January 12, 2018", "12 January 2018", "2018-01-12" (RFC 3339) are not used? And why are date and time separated by a dash (" - ")? They should be separated by a comma and a space (", ").
EDIT: It is a little confusing that a developer can reply to reviewer but the reviewer cannot reply back. Anyway... I know about those settings areas the developer mentioned. Yet, even utilizing those, it is impossible to customize the date and time format beyond some pre-chosen options, all of which are poor.
- by rstp14, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Когда пытаюсь проверить контрольную сумму файла, пишет "пожалуйста, подождите" и стоит на 0% бесконечно. Антивирусная проверка тоже не работает. Браузер Firefox 61.0 (64-бит). Операционная система Windows 8.1 профессиональная.
- by Firefox user 12399087, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Please add an option to rename the downloaded file.
P.S. Before printing a page, you must hide the bar to prevent it from appearing on the printed page.
- by gianni, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5How do I disable the popup that shows "click here to run this file"? That's very annoying, and it is enabled by default. Why would anyone want that? That's not a standard firefox message, so why add clutter to clutter?
You say that it's not possible to disable it. Would it be possible to contact mozilla to force a modification?
Another thing. The statusbar, when on the bottom, covers important elements of many sites, for example gmail. Why is the option to reduce the maximum height of the status bar disabled? All the other options work, that is the only greyed one.
- by Firefox user 14040253, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5All I wanted was to make simultaneous download to one. Even after setting it up Queue mode, it still downloads
Edit : Skip the queue for files that are smaller than 5000KB / I Set it to zero now and it worked
the file i was trying to download was 17GB
- by The Beard Below My Chin, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's Download Statusbar updated and maintained for Quantum.
It is uglier than the default download manager that's for sure. The color gradients really date this addon. But provides more info like full url and checksum and virus total which is a nice touch. I'm getting basic tooltip instead of info popup in the mini download preview
- by ExE Boss, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Glad to see this extension back, although the fact that the download status bar stylesheets are still injected into the page even with status bar mode disabled causes privacy issues, see https://bugzil.la/1372288 for more details.
- by Firefox user 13635560, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice addon, but it has a minor bug when using it in Gmail.
The bottom of the page gets overlaped by the status bar, instead of pushed up.
Its specially noticeable when composing a new mail, because the bottom bar gets covered (the one with the send, format, attachment, discard, etc options).
It also affects the left-bottom buttons of gmail, the ones with the hangouts conversations and contacts.
For another issue, the toolbar button seems to do nothing. It doesn't show my current downloads, it just shows a big "downloads" button, a narrow "delete" button, and an empty list. Isn't it supposed to show the same downloads as the bar?
I hope you can fix those small bugs.
Otherwise nice addon!
- by Firefox user 13859014, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5When I close my browser and run it again, my downloaded file list is empty. Selecting "Clears Completed Downloads When Browser is Closed" is unchecked. Thanks for this addon compatibility with Firefox Quantum.