To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
RSS Ticker loads your Live Bookmarks and scrolls their entries across your screen while you surf. It's perfect for staying informed without having to actively browse entries in an RSS reader.
- The ticker can be placed at the bottom of the screen (below the status bar) or at the top of the screen (underneath your bookmarks toolbar).
- You can decide which of your Live Bookmarks you want scrolled in the ticker by right-clicking and choosing "Show in RSS Ticker."
- The ticker and the items in the ticker have a context menu, which allows you to open each item in the current tab, a new tab, or a new window, mark an item as read without opening it, mark an entire feed as read, or mark all feeds as read.
- You can move the ticker back and forth manually using the scrollwheel on your mouse, so if you just missed something interesting, you can easily reverse the ticker and get to the link you want.
- The ticker can be disabled and hidden when you're not using it, unlike many other ticker extensions, by unchecking "RSS Ticker" from the View > Toolbars menu. You can also have it hide itself when it's empty, perfect for saving valuable screen space.
If you have problems with the ticker, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have no easy way to respond to problems written in the comments, and you'll most likely get a very quick response by just e-mailing me directly.
* Prevent context menu from opening if there are no ticker items.
* Fix toolbar cutoff on Linux.
* Newly opened tabs should now respect the user's tab-selection preference.
* Stripping out extraneous whitespace and trimming item descriptions.
* Better tooltip styling on dark themes.
* Update context menu accelerator keys for de Locale to avoid collisions