- by Jojo, 9 days agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is very VERY helpful for me to study Japanese. I wish I had known this add-on years ago. Thank you so much Brian san!
- by Koyama, 11 days agoRated 5 out of 5This is a great add-on for reading Japanese texts, and it so helpfully provides the pronunciations of/notes on person/place names. Can not wait for something like it on Android! Thank you so much for creating this!
- by Firefox user 15013042, 18 days agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you for this outstanding pop-up dictionary, it is a useful tool for Japanese learning like me. Recently I also installed Yomichan (similar like yours). In Yomichan I can copy the dictionary's explanation. I wish Ricachamp can do the same job too.
Developer responseposted 18 days agoHi! Thank you very much! You can copy dictionary explanations by pressing the "c" key when the popup is showing. Then you can press "c" again to choose which entry to copy followed by "e", "t" or "w" depending on which format you'd like to copy in.
- by Firefox user 14117558, a month agoRated 4 out of 5I wish i could change the size of the font and bubble, the space between rows.
Developer responseposted a month agoThank you for your feedback! (For a very quick fix for the font size, you can use Ctrl and + to increase the font size of the entire page which will also increase the size of the popup.) If you are able to file an issue on GitHub with more details that also would be very helpful: https://github.com/birtles/rikaichamp/issues
- by Camilla, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5MANY THANKS for this outstanding and life-saving tool. How can i have the knowledge Rikaichamp provides on my mobile devices? I know we cannot hover, but is there any way at all to consult dictionary in this effective concise way on my phones somehow?
- by Firefox user 16488351, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5a great app.
but recently the Japanese letters (hiragana ) isn't in it's properly order.
ex: いみ > みい
please solve this bug
♥Thank you so much for your review and feedback!
I'm afraid I can't reproduce that bug. Could you provide more information at twitter (@rikaichamp) or GitHub (birtles/rikaichamp)? Thank you!
- by Kozal, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5It has helped me so much. Readings, translation and even indication on grammatical phenomena. And now it got accent indicators. It is beyond helpful.
- by KataStrofY, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5This is a great tool, but for some reason it keeps downloading the dictionary every time I restart firefox, which is quite anoying since it makes firefox take up necessary CPU from other applications.
For some reason, under Windows 7, Name Data 2.0.13 and newer does not want to be installed.
Under Windows 10, this doesnt seem to be a problem (latest Firefox versions on both machines, 82.0.3 64-bit).Thank you for the very helpful bug report! I have filed https://github.com/birtles/rikaichamp/issues/428 and will try to address it there. If you have any extra information to add that would be most helpful!