- Rated 3 out of 5by Peylix, 21 days agoThis extension was amazing. But no longer works due to changes on YT's end. RIP
- Rated 3 out of 5by Kurt, 21 days ago188.8.131.52 doesn't work any longer.
On Linux (Firefox 102.10.0esr 64 bit on Debian 12 and Firefox 112.0.1 64 bit Snap on Ubuntu 22.04) there's no longer any effect visible. Both Firefox behave as if "Return YouTube Dislike" isn't active at all. The only "function" available are the settings, which can be changed - but with no effect.
You replied to another user ("184.108.40.206 is still in review by Mozilla, give it some time untill you see that 220.127.116.11 is available in addons store - it fixes all the issues").. . so I simply will wait. As mentioned: For 18.104.22.168 I'll rate it again.
- Rated 3 out of 5by IceBeam, 21 days agoIt's no longer working in Firefox (5/9/2023). It is working in Edge though.
- Rated 3 out of 5by AirDJing, 21 days agoI was using it well until yesterday. But sadly, it's no longer functioning normally from today
- Rated 3 out of 5by Addonis, 3 months agoIt does what it promises, but it literally makes watching videos impossible without a Massive lag that reduces the quality of the video and doesn't let me interact with ANY button in the player, it just ruins the video experience, i reinstalled firefox multiple times and even when i installed another OS the issue still happened, without me knowing that it was this add-on who was causing the issue, although this is a great extension that does what it promises, i still want to watch videos without a massive delay y'know :/
Developer responseposted 3 months agoHi, thanks for report and sorry for inconvenience. I'll investigate - most users don't experience this issue.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Anton, 5 months agoСильно грузит процессор, на видео-роликах с большим количеством просмотров - столбик с рейтингом мотает влево-вправо, пока ютуб не подгрузит все комментарии. Если выключить расширение - нагрузка с ЦП пропадает.
- Rated 3 out of 5by KönigFisch, 5 months agothis should obviously be standard in youtube
but thank god its still possible with a simple addon that for sience the youtube update came and i found this has perfectly worked with no problems whatsoever
for some reason it has some nazi flags in the file but i have never seen them on my browser
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jason, 5 months agoWorked perfectly up to around a week ago and now it doesn't work.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Cronodoug, 6 months agoUnfortunately I have to put this note, so that they can try to fix the problem. The extension causes a huge delay (LAG) to several videos, for no apparent reason. It's literally impossible to Pause, Play, Like, Dislike, Show Comments, See Infomations, Etc, without witnessing a GIANT lag, looking like the tab stopped working
Developer Response: I ran the tests again using only the extension in Firefox, logged into my Youtube/Google account, based on the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-54NQ-VQoG4, but it doesn't happen exclusively to that. The problem persists. For "extra" reasons, I don't intend to reinstall the browser just to test the extension, but everything works fine without the extension. It could be an isolated case.
PS: I'll change the review since you saw the post. But I still have the problem.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoAre you sure it's caused by this extension? I haven't seen reports like this.
- Rated 3 out of 5by meria_s, 6 months agoIt was working but with the new Youtube with larg buttons, it doesn't work anymore for me, any tips ?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14052593, 7 months agoIt's been a great add-on and thanks so much for it. As of today it doesn't work, not sure if Google broke it or just a temporary outage. Please check!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14519911, 7 months agoAs of today it no longer works. Dislike is no longer displayed, although this addon is switched on.
- Rated 3 out of 5by TPC, 7 months agoreally good, except it doesnt seem to work with the newest youtube update
- Rated 3 out of 5by AedraRIsing, 8 months agoSo, for the longest time this add-on was fantastic for me, and it was great to see a feature that YouTube should have never gotten rid of in the first place.
However, in the last couple weeks or so, I don't know what happened, but it's been glitching out all the time. Sometimes the stats disappear when I like a video, sometimes it says dislikes were disabled until I refresh, but this app for as far as I know hasn't been working right.
I wish I could rate it higher, I have previously, but my experience as of now is kinda middling.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15117876, 10 months agoThis is a great addon, but
Especially the video page that pops up every time on the video page and forces you to "subscribe to my channel".
On that particular page, when I manually clicked on a particular video and tried to play it, there was a pattern of it failing to play.
I'm sure there are a number of factors, but I was able to play videos with manual clicks with this add-on disabled, so maybe this add-on is the problem.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Chicken 🐔, a year agoI have a dislike on one of my videos (49 likes 1 dislike) but instead of showing 49---1 it shows 49---2 it's really annoying but overall it's an okay software
- Rated 3 out of 5by Maru, a year agoIt's a great addon but since last update i can't download anything from Firefox. I've done troubleshooting and it's definetely this addon. Please fix :(!
- Rated 3 out of 5by dr_white, a year agoSadly, this addon has never worked for me in Waterfox. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times but still nothing :/ I commend the author for making this important addon and I wish I knew what was broken.
When asked, the developer simply closed the issue without saying anything. Weird behavior.
Developer responseposted a year agoThe issue was closed as a duplicate - check the existing issues before opening a new one. Sorry if I failed to link the duplicate.
The backend code is not yet ready to be made publicly available.
> We don't know what informations are kept.
Everything that is being sent by the extension (you can see it in network tab). Unique (but random and non-identifiable) userId, videoId that you voted for and your vote.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Synetech, a year agoThe currently-latest version is working (for the time-being), but with the removal of the required API function, it's just a matter of time until it breaks again, and with YouTube's insistence of removing this, it will probably be a never-ending uphill-battle to keep it working (until it's just not possible).
The FAQ says the add-on is resorting to estimates and guesses to approximate the dislike counter, so it's not going to help much, especially for new videos. Google will get its way no matter what. 😒
Also, the ratio bar isn't customizable like with some other add-ons. The grey-on-grey bar is useless, a red-green bar is MUCH better.
(It's hilarious that the devs think that statistics think that they can get any sort of useful data to approximate the data. I guess they've never heard of things like old videos suddenly getting attention or new videos going viral or whatever. 🙄 Also, they think they can extrapolate data from videos to represent all videos. 😂)
Developer responseposted a year agoEver heard how statistics work? With over a million users we have enough to form a representative sample