Wants access to your Google Account info (First/Last Name/E-mail Address) / Tracks installs via GA / Obfuscated/Minified Source Rated 2 out of 5 stars
● Restores Gmail's Old Compose Window!!! :-) 5 Stars for this part!
● Weird "Are you ready to restore your beautiful classic compose settings?!" when visiting Gmail for 1st time after install.
● If you say Yes to that, a window pops up & you are prompted again, by Google, to give the "App" (this Addon)
access to some of your info (Full Name/E-mail). At which point, you should say Cancel.
███ This Addon DOES NOT need that info to do what it does ███
● Tracking on install: bootstrap.js sends a ping to google-analytics.com/collect, to track installs.
● The source code is Obfuscated (or at least "minified"), hindering analysis of "WTF it's doing".
● The Google Chrome version has already been removed from the Chrome Web Store...wonder why?
(I don't use Google Chrome, but did they remove it for these same reasons?)
Looks like version 0.1 was the best version, without all the Tracking & Obfuscated Source (versions less than 0.5, also didn't have tracking). Also, as far as I can tell, this "works" by hijacking the User Agent sent to Gmail, which is the ONLY thing 0.1 did, before all the extra "cruft" was added.
To Addon Dev: I'm sorry for this bad Review, I actually do like the Old Compose & this Addon does bring it back, but could you explain, why your Addon does all this tracking, without mentioning it on this AMO page?...& why do you NEED to OAuth into my Google Account? If you can explain this, I may change my review. I wanted to rate it 5 stars, before I noticed all this "extra" unnecessary stuff.