Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14493803, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I give this 5 stars because it does what I want it to without any hassle. My understanding is that Firefox reverts to a default size and position to help deter browser fingerprinting. So In theory if you open Firefox, restore your tabs from last session, and then use this app to resize to your preferred size, then wouldn't sites still be able to profile your browser based on the size you consistently resize to? To get around this, I used this extension's three save states to save three slightly different screen sizes (all within a few pixels of each other's height and width). That way I can maybe obfuscate my browser's profile a bit. A nice feature would be to have this extension give you the option to resize the window to random dimensions within a user-definable tolerance of pixels. That would essentially automate the process I am now doing manually, and would provide more variability in window size, instead of cycling through three settings like I do now. Meanwhile, thanks for this useful extension!
- by arnofly, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Do not save position (Windows 7). Similar to several basic extensions. You can find a better one to do the same thing and more.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoSorry to hear you are having problems storing new values on W7. If I would find a computer running Windows 7 I will have a look on to why that could be the case.
This extension does not bundle any other functions other the intended, and does not aim to fill any other needs other the ones described in the description. But I'm glad you found another extension that pleases your resizing needs and other feats. you found lacking in mine.
- by Firefox user 13843895, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5AWESOME! Just discovered it today and it helps me in a great way. I need some different sizes during the day and sometimes need to switch fast. And that it also can be positioned on the screen as you want is perfect. Just remember ALT and the number. Easy peasy.
- by numpa, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Can't live without it. But unfortunately "Current size" button getting wrong window size every time. I have 115% font size in Windows 7, maybe that is the reason, I don't know. Can you fix it, please? I use FF56 and it seems that it is the last FF version for me.Hi, Sorry to hear that the Current size isen't working for you. I just updated this extension it might resolve your issue. But you need to update Firefox to the latest version 57 (Quantum) for it to work.
- by revija, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5So this addon on the way to Quantum? Can you add a button for it, please? I mean drop-down menu with same options as keyboard shortcuts.
UPD. Great news, thank you. Will wait.Hi revija!
Yes I'm currently working on porting my Chrome version of ResizeIT to Firefox Quantum. I thought I would have it ready yesterday, but I encountered a bug that boggels my brain.
Interesting idea to add buttons, I'm gonna have a look at it as soon as I get 'ResizeIT 2.0' for Quantum up and running.
- by E. Klimov, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using this add on for years... YEARS! Please never stop updating it, and if you do, make it reverse compatible.
Oh, only real bother (which isn't really one because I just write it down), is there is no way to export my current settings so I can go from PC to PC without problem.Hey E. Klimov!
It warms me knowing that you like my addon, I can't live without it either. Next version of ResizeIT vill store and sync your settings via chrome.storage.sync, but maybe an export option wouldn't be bad to have.
- by KimberTLE, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works as advertised. § The only problem I have is that it resizes immediately upon pressing Alt+[digit]. If you're attempting to enter an Alt-code (e.g. Alt+174 or Alt+21) the window changes as soon as the tool sees "Alt+1" or "Alt+2". It would be nice if it didn't trigger until it sees the KeyUp event and determined it was a single Alt+SingleDigit, ►OR BETTER◄ if it ignored Alt+Numberpad keys.
- by Eze2k, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5every time you put a size its bad for a few pixels,you have to manually edit every time until you get it right,once they fiix that is the best resizer
sorry for crappy english
- by fungo, 6 years agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't work. Changes the entered dimensions for no reason, positions window away from configured position. The concept is good, but the developer needs to make it work properly before asking for donations.
- by Firefox user 9771824, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon consistently resizes my settings smaller making this practically useless. Using firefox v28.0 and addon v4.0.
edit: doesn't work on recommended version (3.6.2) either, most likely this addon is just out of date and will not work with a current version of firefox without an update
- by exconsumer, 7 years agoRated 3 out of 5I have a notebook that I often use with a 2nd display. ResizeIt does not recognize my 2nd monitor when using +Position option, and always locates the Firefox window to the notebook screen, which is set as my main display. So close....!
- by Harakiri81, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5the idea of this addon is great, but it does not work for me. i am using ff 21.0 and win7.
it does "restore" wrong position and wrong size when i configure positon and/or size that is bigger than my screen resolution. i have a 19'' monitor and a resolution 1280x1024!
please check this, thanks.