- Rated 5 out of 5by impal0r, 2 years agoExtension is easy to use, powerful thanks to the regex feature, and the instructions are thorough. My only problem with it is that it doesn't work for pdf files - but I've found this problem with other tab renaming extensions as well. Is changing the tab title of a pdf generally impossible in firefox?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17290971, 2 years agoI compared this addon with "Tab ReTitle" (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/tab-retitle/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=search).
This one is quite limited. The custom name is gone even if a small part of the URL changes (for example: you open a price comparison site and add another product). This way, it is not useful for me. The other addon "Tab ReTitle" has several options how persistent a new name should be.
- Rated 4 out of 5by allan999, 2 years agoI like persistence :)
Please also add a Tabbar tab context menu option to rename title. I keep forgetting to look for this rename plugin among my millions of installed extensions :| + #ux :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12712466, 2 years agoPretty good, but one little improvement would make a world of difference for me: Allowing back references in the regex "title" field would allow actual dynamic modification of titles. Example: Matching "\[PROJECT-([0-9]+)\] (.*)" with title "$1 $2" would allow automatic removal of redundant info at the start of the title of most of my issue tracker tabs.
- Rated 5 out of 5by pstrg, 3 years agoQuite useful in order to "rectify" some inadequate tab naming.
Would like if polling would be added to cope with changing titles (could have a user-specified interval and allow one to disable).
p.s. As it doesn't really follow the syntax (it's more a template), what's referred to as Regex could perhaps carry another name.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16295827, 3 years agoDoes not work. Nothing happens after clicking the Update button. I did not restart the browser, so maybe that's the issue. I instead used a different extension (Tab ReTitle)