To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Remote Control 22.214.171.124-signed No Restart
by pmorch, Robert Xiao
This allows you to refresh the browser from your IDE, or to automate tests.
About this Add-on
Something like this:
base@peter:~> telnet localhost 32000
reloadis taken to be a shortcut for
Using netcat/nc, you can therefore:
echo reload | nc localhost 32000
and the page will reload.
Preferences are provided for TCP port number (default 32000) and whether to listen for all hosts or localhost only (default localhost only).
Integrating it with your IDE is something I intend to describe later...
Please review and submit bugs/issues using the Github issue tracker.
Please note especially:
- Until the issue "Toolbar icon should be added automatically during/after installation" gets resolved, you'll need to manually add the Remote Control Toolbar button to your toolbar to get started. See more documentation too, if you like.
- Total rewrite to use the Firefox Add-on SDK
- No longer requires browser restart
- New icon and toolbar behaviour (it shows as pressed only on the tab that is accepting commands)
- Autostart preference
- Ability to operate on pages protected by Content Security Policy (albeit with some limitations)
- Use standard Firefox addon preference page to avoid preference layout bugs
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: