To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
This allows to search on page using regular expressions.
The addon offers basic regex search functionality with these limitations:
- some Regex control symbols - \f, \r, \n, \v
- by default doesn't search in dynamically loaded content
1. To search dynamic content (AJAX added text, when hidden elements become visible) it's necessary to reload the regex search (uncheck/check) the Regex button, so the addon will rescan the page text with all its current content.
2. In Firefox Nightly 57+ the search should be used in a non-multiprocess window in which the addon will have access to browser internal objects needed to perform the page text scanning and search. To open this type of window go to File - New Non-e10s Window. It's also possible to disable multiprocess behaviour for the whole browser in the Options - Enable multi-process Nightly, the any pages will support the Regex search.
3. F2 shortcut can be used for backward search.
- search in input elements (input, textarea)
- search in iframe elements
- search in button elements
- search after page reload
- support for versions 45-49
- support for versions 55-56