To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
recipefox 0.63.1-signed Requires Restart
A FireFox addon to grab recipes from the net and save them either directly to MasterCook, Living Cookbook or to a file in various formats. For recognized sites you can grab the complete recipe with photo in one click.
About this Add-on
- It can export directly to MasterCook or to a file in different formats that then can be imported in other recipe systems.
- It can export directly to Living Cookbook.
- For sites that recipefox recognize it can import the entire recipe with one click (Grab It).
GrabIt is really powerful. You navigate to a recipe on a supported web page, press the 'Grab It' button, then select 'Export Them', and select MasterCook. MasterCook opens and asks what cookbook to put the recipe into. Two mouse clicks.
It works for other web sites by identifying the different recipe parts, like MasterCook's web import bar. You can collect recipes from several web sites at one time, before you transfer them to MasterCook. You can even use multiple tabs for multiple sites at one time, grabbing recipes from them and holding them for export to MasterCook or Living Cookbook.
If you have any questions or problems you can try posting it at http://recipetools.sourceforge.net/phpBB3/index.php .
Please note that this addon requires java 6 (get it from java.com). If you are having problems getting it to work, try checking the installation instructions at: http://recipetools.sourceforge.net/joomla15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=68
* Changed the recipe list to look like the site list (a tree instead of a listbox).
* Fixed a bug in 0.62 when selecting using arrow keys.
* Fixed a really annoying bug: If you are changing a recipe or a sitedef
you needed to press the TAB key or click in another field before
clicking on another recipe/sitedef in the list. Otherwise your
changes wasn't saved.
Thanks to all reporting this issue, and for you long patience.
* Fix a bug in GrabAll on cookstr.com (Thanks to John)
* Updated the commas.txt file (Thanks to John)
* More internal code changes to comply with Firefox add-on requirements.
* Internal code changes to comply with Firefox add-on requirements.
* Fix a problem when ingredients lines are split after the amount
or after the unit, eg.
will be merged to
6 tbsp water
This may happen in Recipefox on certain sites. See
For enabling this functionality you need to enable the option
"Merge ingredient lines with continuations".
Thanks to Andy, Vic, Dan, HBook and others checking this issue.
* Added "rack" as a recognized unit. (Thanks to Pam)
* Updated the commas file for better handling of ingredients
(Thanks to Pam)
* Added an option to put the Yield at the end of the directions.
(the option is called "Copy the yield to the directions")
(Thanks to John)
* Fix a bug grabbing units from the ingredient line:
1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
(Thanks to Pam)
* Fixed a bug with GrabThem such that it in special circumstances
wouldn't grab all the listed pages.
(Thanks to John)
* Updated to be compatible with Firefox version 8.
* Updated to be compatible with java 7.
* Updated Firefox compatibility to version 6.