Rated 3 out of 5 stars
To put this in simple terms, let's say "Read It Later" is an email client -- then this is how the email client would work:
1. The Inbox folder will not show Unread Email count even if I have new email in it.
2. I open a new email. After I finish reading the email, I have to manually click "Mark This Message As Read".
3. And the "Mark This Message As Read" button is confusing because clicking the right half side will "Mark This Message As Read and Move to Folder".
*** Solving these usability issues for this hypothetical email client:
1. Show the number of unread messages on the Inbox folder caption.
2. When the user has opened the email, automatically Mark It As Read.
3. "Mark It As Read" button will only do one thing, that is, to mark email as read.
Thanks for the comments.
You'll be happy to know that options for items 1 and 2 will be included in the next version!
In the future, if you have any suggestions/questions drop a comment at the Read It Later project page (http://www.ideashower.com/ideas/launched/read-it-later). I'll typically see it a lot faster on there!