Reviews for Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader
Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader by LSD Software
- Rated 1 out of 5by Jessica, 3 years agoThe pauze button doesn't seem to have any effect at all, since I want to use this to study and pauze frequently to take notes this is very annyoing
- Rated 1 out of 5by OHANAFITNESS, 3 years agoI CANNOT even figure out how to use this program.
I wanted something that is compatible and easy to use for my child with Special Needs.
However, I installed it and was hoping to see some directions on how to use the program.
If it is too much drama for me, I do not want my child to have to experience this as well.
I tried the ALt T directions (only thing I can find) and it did not work.
Too Much Drama.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15275120, 4 years agoI tried to use it. When I started it, it started to read a page aloud very quickly and didn't stop until I went and uninstalled the extension. The stop button didn't work, and reloading the tab or even closing it entirely didn't stop it either. Needless to say that I'm unwilling to try again.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Tubuntu, 4 years agoThe voice is so annoying, and hard to understand, I cannot use it!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15149726, 4 years agoevery other time I use this app, it tells me i do not have permission, and wont work.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15098752, 4 years agoaddon is not working properly. It works the first time i open browser, but after taht it "freezes". In settings it says Cannot read aloud this website, i cannot choose voices, and green button is loading all the time
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14739945, 4 years agoDoes not work on Firefox 66.0.2 (64-bit). Permission error when combined with reader view.
- Rated 1 out of 5by brainout1, 4 years agoCan't get the dang thing to work. It's Premium voices goes into a system hang blocking Firefox with a circle and a grayed screen behind the options, just telling you you have to pay for the voices without PROVIDING A WAY TO DO IT.
I use the Chrome version of this thing routinely for over a year. THIS is nothing like it, and stinks.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12914483, 4 years agomeans absolutely nothing to me without the contextual menu that disappears after firefox closes.
5 star if they fix this issue. The shortcut Alt+p doesn't work the same way as the context menu and therefore can't be considered a replacement. The shortcut has to read the entirety of what was selected before you can make it read something else unlike the context menu button who interrupts the current text being read to start the new one you just selected.
The way I use this addon most of the time is to research subjects I'm unfamiliar with. I make it read while I keep looking at other stuff I'm researching. Most of the time, I understand what I was looking for mid read and I'm ready to TTS the next thing and it's already highlighted so I just right click to open the menu and make it read the next part I'm interested in which it does immediately by interrupting the previous text being read. The shortcut doesn't do that. If it's already reading something and I highlight something else and press alt+p, it just stops reading. If I press it again, it resumes the read of the previous text not the new highlighted one.
Could be solved by adding another shortcut like Alt+n (for next or new) to fix what's described above.
Another problem I have with this addon is that if you use more than one language, the voices options and choices become pretty much useless. In my case I want the addon to read both English and French texts sometimes. The only way to do this is to choose the Auto select option in the voice choices. Doing so give you a random voices for both languages and you have no say in what voice you want for each language. They seem to be chosen randomly as far as I can tell. The English male voice I got is one I hate and can't stand listening to, same for the french female voice I randomly got but that one is a little less annoying. If I select any other voice instead of the auto select option, then I'm stuck being only able to read one language because that same voice I chose butchers the other language it's not designed to read. I could go to the options and select the voice I want each time I switch between languages but who the hell would wanna do that?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14340589, 4 years agoglitches causing it to continue playing even after leaving sites, fast forward and rewind button don't work, highlight read text function doesn't work.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 10462711, 5 years agoDoesn't appear to work on Firefox for Android 59.0.2