- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14822391, 3 years agoIt only reads the headings not the actual page content. There is no option to choose anything. DO NOT TOUCH. This is the 2nd time I have tried this on 3 different computers and 3 different accounts. I am deleting and trying something else
- Rated 1 out of 5by HiddenPalm, 3 years agoThis went from a 5 star to a 1 star review because of one simple thing. It now ONLY uses Google TTS. It stopped using my own TTS. I use Ivona 2 Amy (british female). It was working perfectly not to long ago, and I gave them time to fix the issue but it appears the dev has no intention of fixing it and is ok with the cheap robotic google voices.
- Rated 1 out of 5by gwho, 3 years agoabsolute nightmare.
you can tell it to start reading from a new location after it has already started reading.
shortcut hotkeys don't work at all.
there is no shortcut for speed adjust.
it doesn't tell you what voice it's reading with when it's on auto select.
if you press previous, and there is no data loaded in its memory, it'll stop playing. this means you cannot go back farther than the current page. what garbage.
so many other problems that are basic obvious UX design flaws.
How does this have 4 stars? How does anyone use this without tearing their hair out?
If you only ever need to read from beginning to end then i suppose this gets 5 stars.
- Rated 1 out of 5by ich, 3 years agoused this extension on Chrome and it worked on the browser excellently! after switching to Firefox i had high hopes for it again but nope, can't have that.
the options to skip/move within the text are buggy and after trying to move around, the reader freaks out completely. repeats paragraphs twice and even after closing the tab, the text keeps going. the only way i got the add-on to shut off was uninstalling. :(
- Rated 1 out of 5by Devesh, 3 years agoCompared to the last read aloud i used of Microsoft edge i am totally disgruntled spacially by the fact that there is no option even to decide the speed, in the very first try it highlighted something else.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15969422, 3 years agoonly free for a few uses. After that it stops performing and requires you to pay $4-$16. Waste of time. Will look at other apps that are actually free.