- by Anton Georgiev, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you. The best extension of this kind.
Please enable an option to highlight in text in the page itself, or in a popup that would not disappear when you change window focus! If you do, I would use it a lot more, keeping it on my non-main screen.
Also, a "read from here" option would be great as well.
- by Igor, a year agoRated 3 out of 5By itself extension works fine, but there is problem when it needs to work together with other extensions, for example, to read text produced by EBUB or FB2 extension.
1. epub file opened with EPUBReader extension (works fine), but opening resulting page with 'Read Aloud' extension results in the error message:
"missing host permission for the tab".
2. Once again, separately, both extensions work fine, error appear only when data are passed from the first to the second one.
- by Firefox user 15414776, a year agoRated 5 out of 5works great! for those complaining about the voice===> 1.press the stop button when it starts playing. 2.click the gear 3. change the voice to any v3 ibmwatson voices(Michealv3 is sweet) they sound great(at the very bottom of the list). I also slowed the voice ever so slightly
- by OHANAFITNESS, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I CANNOT even figure out how to use this program.
I wanted something that is compatible and easy to use for my child with Special Needs.
However, I installed it and was hoping to see some directions on how to use the program.
If it is too much drama for me, I do not want my child to have to experience this as well.
I tried the ALt T directions (only thing I can find) and it did not work.
Too Much Drama.
- by Firefox user 14938111, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Does what it was made for and I have no issues at all. One of the best read out loud add-ons I've used. Voices sound as real as real can get when it comes to digital speech.
- by LQ, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I really am very grateful for this great app. It is simple, it works well, it is reliable, has decent cadence. It helps me learn much more as I am an audible & visual learner. Reading alone has not produced the same results for me when it comes to study & learning. I use this on my laptop and it helps very much. Even for relaxation, articles, poetry & literature, recipes, you name it, there are so many applications. Much appreciated. Many thanks for this app!