To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Qype Nice 0.40.1-signed
The Qype site closes (as far as I know) October/November 2013. Also the API is discontinued. Therefore this add-on will then loose its functionality und will be deleted soon.
About this Add-on
"Qype Nice" stores during your visits to Qype some of the displayed data in a local database.
With the help of Qype Nice can query this data with various search functions.
For example the following questions can easily be answered:
- How many of my reviews included the word "fairly"
- Which messages did i write to user xyz?
- When did i receive the last feedback from user abc?
Currently, the following data is recorded from the pages visited on qype:
* Your user name (My Qype-> Overview)
* Your reviews (My Qype-> Reviews) (including text)
* Received feedback (My Qype-> Overview)
* The received messages (My Qype-> Messages)
* Messages sent (Answers and "send message" to the contact)
* Viewed lists, and displayed places (only title and location of place)
* Your bookmarks (as a list)
* Contacts (My Qype-> Contacts)
* Most Listed entries can be opened in the browser by double-clicking.
* Colour-marking of feedback: answered/non-answered
* Messages, reviews, contacts and feedback can be searched
* For contacts, the name, and field for notes is maintained
* Bookmarks, lists and your reviews can be saved as KML
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
Collecting data is solely done for your personal use. This is the purpose of this add-on.
The collected data will be saved in the database "QypeNice.sqlite" in firefox's profile folder on your local computer. This Database is not protected and can potentially be accessed by people and software having access to your computer and the firefox profile folder.
You can export Data of qype-reviews and lists to a file if you choose to.
In a future version a "synchronization feature" is planned. When you explicitly agree, this feature will be able to send the collected data to destinations which you specify.
You can see the collected data in the Qype Nice-dialog accessible via "Tools -> Qype Nice". At the moment (version 0.4) the following data is collected:
- Your qype username and internal user-id.
- Your reviews at qype.
- Any qype list you view including the places they contain.
- The qype-messages and kudos (feedbacks) you receive.
- The qype-messages you send to others
- Some visible data and the internal id of your qype-contacts, the contacts you visit, send messages to, receive messages from.
End-User License Agreement