Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12659227, 2 days agoRated 1 out of 5Directs new tab page to it's own choice and cannot be changed. I've uninstalled it for that reason, NO addon or software in general controls what I do with my PC. I found search results nowhere near as good as Google or DuckDuckGo (which makes similar privacy claims) and heavily USA biased, despite setting my own country.
The redirction of my home page was the final straw. I found the add-on from another page and didn't check the reviews here. I wish I had, I wouldn't have even considered installing it if I'd known about the hijacking of my homw page.
Note to developer - you can see how unpopular the hijhacking is, you would do well to change it because it's a liability and will sink you.
- by Firefox user 15188728, 4 days agoRated 2 out of 5I installed this add-on to change my default search engine to Qwant, but it just obnoxiously changed my homepage, and did not allow me to change this setting. Without a checkbox in the extension for this and asking users if they want this feature or not, it's assuming too much, and that's just not nice.
- by Sanjay Aiyagari, 17 days agoRated 3 out of 5Don't like the takeover of the homepage. However, upon uninstallation they give you the option of using Qwant Basic which is what I want.
It should the other way. Qwant Basic should be called "Qwant", and this one should be called "Qwant Extra" and be completely optional.
- by jDally987, 17 days agoRated 2 out of 5Do NOT like that it changes your home page to Qwant. Changing the default search engine is perfect and that's all that I want. Use this one instead ("Qwant Basic" add-on): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/qwant-com/
- by Irongut, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5This extension claims to add an alternative search engine that is privacy focused, which it does, but it also acts like a virus and takes over your browser. It changes your home page and takes over control of tracking protection. Installing Quant REDUCED my privacy by turning off some of Firefox's built in tracking protection. There is no need for this behaviour just to add a search engine, I will be uninstalling now and recommending people avoid this malware.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoHello, we're really sorry that the add-on does not meet you expectations.
If you only want the SE (and not the homepage and privacy settings change) you can install our other add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/qwant-com/
Nevertheless, can you please explain us what where the reductions in you privacy settings? We're really curious and will absolutely improve this point.
Thank you for your feedback.
- by Firefox user 13968760, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Convient parfaitement aux recherches de tout type, la sécurité en plus (quand on sait comment sont marchandées nos données personnelles....). Et pour ne rien gâcher, c'est 100% français. Je l'utilise depuis plusieurs années et je suis vraiment satisfait de ce choix. Je conseille vivement.