- by Santa, a month agoRated 5 out of 5needs an option to replace the standard bookmark button in firefox (the "star" symbol in the adress-bar).
Other than that i am very happy that i can now manage bookmarks in the project folders that i work with.
This was one of the features i was missing when i came from internet explorer.
- by Wirewox, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Works well, but could you please, please add the ability to assign a direct keyboard shortcut to creating the URL shortcut? (Settings can be accessed through the last item on the cogwheel menu for the addons page in Firefox.) Many thanks!
Edit: So it does! Don't know how I missed that. Excellent, thanks a lot!
- by chdavisjr1949, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using your QuickCut for a long time. Now, after updating FireFox, it has been disabled and blocked from being installed. I hope that you are working on making it meet Mozilla's rquirements. As far as I was concerned, it was the best app of its type for FF.
- by eryui, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I was used to deskcut but it doesn't work anymore. That one was a little better because in the setting you could save the path without the app requested it every time. I mean was an option to not have a popup window every time. Not a great deal but one click less. Anyway I am happy I found this one, those kind of apps should really be integrated to Firefox. I know you could drag&drop but at full screen is not always convenient. So, thanks!
- by Firefox user 9789270, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you for working on this add-on. I was used to SaveLink but this might be the way to go for Quantum. As a minor critique I would like to put forward the same point as your second reviewer: The security dialogue when clicking on a saved link is a little bit annoying. Can this be fixed ? For the rest no problems at all. Very good and needed extension !
Update: I don't understand why AVGFree Antivirus considers since october 2018 QC as a browser add-on with a bad reputation (two stars).
Developer responseposted 4 years agoUnfortunately this isn't something that can be fixed through the extension. In windows, when you download a file in Windows, it will label it as "downloaded from the internet". To disable this, see: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-downloaded-files-from-being-blocked-in-windows-10/
I really do wish I could do more to fix this. Thanks for the review.
- by Shogun, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works seamlessly in the background. LIke another user I would really like the option of choosing desktop for urls without having to download everything else there.
Thanks guys..Great app!
- by andario2007, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5UPDATE: You fixed it!
If it helps, I tested the previous version disabling every single addon and it still didn´t work on amazon.com, mobile.de, elpais.com and other hugely popular sites. I´m using FF 58.0.2 x64 and it works now for every site I´ve encountered so far, including the aforementioned.
And pretty great about the icon BTW, it´s much faster than right click+scroll down menu+click QuickCut, and therefore an actual improvement over the good'ol DeskCut.
Thanks, Mr. Developer!
Promising, but utterly unreliable.
Like someone else said before, it doesn´t work on Amazon, and it doesn´t work either on MANY other sites, for whatever reason, not giving you an error message or anything. It just doesn´t to anything at all.
As such, you just cannot TRUST it, you have to monitor your download icon or something like that to make sure you have actually saved something, or you risk losing it, so it´s not only unreliable, but actually stressful.
Anyway, I just disabled it until the next update. And if it ever works properly, I´ll update my rating, of course.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHello, thank you for your review. I find it strange that it doesn't work for you on Amazon, since I have no problems saving Amazon links (just tried it). I personally use this extension myself and haven't had any problems so far. Could you tell me what other websites are causing problems for you? Also, what Firefox version are you using?
EDIT: Please try the new changes and report back. I updated the extension with a fix (and some new small features)
EDIT: Thanks for the feedback! Glad it's working well for you.
- by Firefox user 13518380, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Good work! I've searched long for this.
URLs are saved as "Internet Zone"-Files and a security dialog has to be confirmed during opening them. It would be easier to save them as "Trusted Sites Zone"-URL.
It doesn't work with every site. For example 'amazon.com' doesn't create a shortcut.