Next day, I couldn't figure why the site was not working. Looking at the errors in the console, I saw a bunch of "Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource ..." errors, which confused me even more.
It does what it's supposed to do, so in that regard I give it "5" stars. But the fact that it starts out disabled makes it a "3." I mean, I can appreciate that the developer made his choice, due to user demand. But for me, I would prefer to have it enabled by default and then toggle it to "disabled" if the site wasn't performing as I wanted/needed.
Still, a huge nod of "thanks" to the developer for a useful add-on that does the job. For me, however, I'm not sure it's a keeper. :)
EDIT (First): Suraj, Thanks for the response, which I just saw. I will double-check. It certainly may be that I made a mistake. I hope to get back to you soon. Thanks again.
EDIT (Third): Suraj, I have used the add-on for only the Auction.com site, as I previously mentioned. As I have not been back to the site for some time now, and have not had occasion to use it elsewhere, I can only presume it's still working as you designed it. I shall remember to come back and comment if I have other issues, or praises, to offer you.
Oh, that is amazing, I Usually use it for the same and pop up scripts, what happened to your original query?
Ohk, sure please comment if you have any other issue. Have a nice day.
Really useful for stopping sites from popping up annoying adds, Lightweight add-on, also it's icon is not on the usual toolbar instead on the URL which has its special meaning for blocking specific web-sites.
I hope I cleared your doubts, Any other things feel free to ask me. Thanks for using it.
Hi Suraj Just to clarify one thing (since I can't reply to your original message), I believe I made one bit more complex than I implied.
So, it doesn't need to specifically detect if JS is enabled for each domain a page loads. It simply disables JS for each domain automatically. It just lists all domains being accessed on the current tab, and JS is disabled for them all. You can then select which domains from the drop-down you want to allow to use JS. At that stage, it refreshes the page (and the list, since some of the domains you've allowed access to may now be loading scripts pointing to more domains).
While NoScript goes beyond this and does things like intercepting individual scripts on specific pages, etc, simply being able to whitelist/blacklist multiple domains at once (especially since a lot of ad servers don't have 'pages' that you can actually visit) from within a site you're using is great basic functionality. Since the target audience is power users, being able to make the call on which domains to allow which the page is loading, allows us to tailor the functionality of the site, since most core functionality will come from just a few of the domains. For non experienced users, then a JS on-off script is going to be fine.