- by Firefox user 14051185, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Not really sure what the "Don't use proxy for hosts we can detect as local (e.g. LAN IPs)" setting is, but I suspect it's just bad pattern matching not any sort of detection. Needed to turn it off to get to hosts on the other side of the proxy.
Still, quite nice aside from that misleading option, glad I don't have to go through the settings anymore.
- by Firefox user 13132104, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I have been looking for something to easily switch between my local VPN/Proxy and the non-vpn forever. It was tedious going through the menu to turn it on and off for one or two sites.
And then I found this and it's awesome. Thank you
- by Alex, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly. The only think I need - better icon. I think there should be some color difference between states. Let's say, add green or red color to icon when proxy is enabled.
- by Manuel Maurer, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Super easy to use. However, it will only detect internal IPs or specific internal domains. Domains that are mapped to an internal IP via DNS are not detected. I've tested it with Line 103 of background.js changed to return(isLocalIPv4(host) || isLocalIPv4(dns.resolve(host))); and it seems to work (needs dns permissions though)
Developer responseposted a year agoI'm not sure what the performance impact of that is, since that function is called for every request the browser makes. Not resolving DNS was a deliberate choice, and is why the option text mentions LAN IPs. It's fast (since we're just doing a simple pattern match) but imperfect.
It might be that it doesn't make much difference if the lookup is always cached internally by Firefox already, but the resolve documentation is a bit light on detail, so I don't know if we can rely on that or not.
- by Firefox user 14353452, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This makes it super easy to change between being on or off a proxy. However, I wish the "Don't use proxy for hosts we can detect as local" option could be reversed. I want to use a proxy only for local ips, but not for most websites.