Review by szmagalski
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12807353, 3 years agoI don't keep this addon enabled all the time. But I do enable it at times to do quick security checkups on all the addons I have. Simple yet effective.
- Rated 5 out of 5by DeronLJ, 4 years agoGreat add-on that summarizes all your extension permissions on one page. Developer responded very quickly to my suggestion to show Private Browsing permission.
Developer responseposted 4 years ago1. I've added it back to the list.
2. Intended as a sort of an unbiased review of the extension.
- Rated 2 out of 5by witrak(), 4 years agoThis extension doesn't report permissions clearly. To see it it's enough to compare what is stated on Ghostery extension page and what Project Insight reports: the important permission "Access your data for all websites" isn't reported explicitly, while others don't present details.
Consider use alternative listed in https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/41254/how-to-view-extension-privileges-in-firefox
Edit (after developer's response): The explanation is not really a fair justification of the omission, because the whole interface is tuned to the perception of an inexperienced user - with the exception of the most important information! The inconsistency could be easily eliminated by reporting the permission in question similarly to the rest of them (+ "Access URLs" list).
In fact, I would suggest adding elaborated explanations based on examples on https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/permission-request-messages-firefox-extensions (perhaps as text displayed on demand).
Main text and stars corrected taking into consideration the developer's response.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThe "Access your data for all websites" permission is implied in the "Access URLs" list, which lists "http://*/*" for the Ghosterly extension. This means Ghosterly can access data on websites located at "https://*/*".
- Rated 5 out of 5by pHROZEN gHOST, 5 years agoThe author has updated the addon to fix the issues I manetioned above.
It now works on FF61.0.1.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Tulirebane, 5 years agoDoes mostly what it says on Firefox 62, but won't show the all_urls permission or any permissions on disabled extensions. Grouping by permissions and open-sourcing the code would be nice too :)
- Rated 1 out of 5by JustBoris, 5 years agoClearly not intended for API which are released in v52 and below; nightly only.
Needs a warning/experimental flag until the time that v53 is released as stable.
Do not give weight to my score: it doesn't, as expected, work on my machine but I am leaving it installed and disabled.
- Rated 4 out of 5by atomizer, 5 years agoworks for FF 56 since the 0.2.5 update (wasn't working previously)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mozinet, 5 years agoThis extension doesn't work on my French Firefoxes 61.0.1 and 56.0.2 (both 64bit). Extension panel is empty. Have you a bug tracker?