- by Firefox user 12807353, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5I don't keep this addon enabled all the time. But I do enable it at times to do quick security checkups on all the addons I have. Simple yet effective.
- by DeronLJ, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great add-on that summarizes all your extension permissions on one page. Developer responded very quickly to my suggestion to show Private Browsing permission.
- by witrak(), 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5This extension doesn't report permissions clearly. To see it it's enough to compare what is stated on Ghostery extension page and what Project Insight reports: the important permission "Access your data for all websites" isn't reported explicitly, while others don't present details.
Consider use alternative listed in https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/41254/how-to-view-extension-privileges-in-firefox
Edit (after developer's response): The explanation is not really a fair justification of the omission, because the whole interface is tuned to the perception of an inexperienced user - with the exception of the most important information! The inconsistency could be easily eliminated by reporting the permission in question similarly to the rest of them (+ "Access URLs" list).
In fact, I would suggest adding elaborated explanations based on examples on https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/permission-request-messages-firefox-extensions (perhaps as text displayed on demand).
Main text and stars corrected taking into consideration the developer's response.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThe "Access your data for all websites" permission is implied in the "Access URLs" list, which lists "http://*/*" for the Ghosterly extension. This means Ghosterly can access data on websites located at "https://*/*".
- by Tulirebane, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Does mostly what it says on Firefox 62, but won't show the all_urls permission or any permissions on disabled extensions. Grouping by permissions and open-sourcing the code would be nice too :)
- by JustBoris, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Clearly not intended for API which are released in v52 and below; nightly only.
Needs a warning/experimental flag until the time that v53 is released as stable.
Do not give weight to my score: it doesn't, as expected, work on my machine but I am leaving it installed and disabled.