- by Robert Noyce, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5A great service. I've been doing something like this for > 20 years due to risk of breaches. I retire breached email accounts and make new ones to replace it, alas some email addresses are priceless as I joined gmail when it was in beta in 1997, and had a choice of easy nice names without numbers on them. So what I've done is made disposable email addresses that forward to my main email, and rarely give it out. Creating aliases on-the-fly that forward is a better alternative, so it preserves the main email, very much like how Virtual Account numbers use generated credit card numbers. The generated numbers are easily discarded and replaced. I also do this for my cellphone number, and change it periodically, since many providers allow this without cost, but keep an alias that is unchanged, but easy to change too if needed. Kudos to your team to think of new ways to enhance privacy and security.
The 150KB limit is a bit small, but adequate to inform the main email of a message from X. It would be helpful if during forwarding you stip photos, images etc., to save quota space, and transmit only text and attachments. Strip the attachment if it exceeds your limit. if you can provide a link to the native content if it exceed 150KB, and all such links expire in say X days , regardless to save server space and give users the opportunity to see the email at native size.
- by yoyomama, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 55 stars however my email is no long receiving emails - is there a limit one email can sign up to accounts? This is the email extension: ****email@example.com. I've changed it since and it works now. Just a friendly heads up.
- by Firefox user 14314619, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just amazing Relay. But I wanted to clarify one thing, Mozilla can't just recall these mails? And then I spent half a day to change mails to Relay on some accounts
- by Firefox user 16157880, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5It's a very useful addon and i've been loving using it one suggestion though please add a convenient way to copy the alias directly from the clicking the extension icon, manually clicking the "Manage Alias" then copying from the newly opened tab gets really annoying.
- by p, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5can you please answer me why if one my accounts being hacked puts my other accounts in danger?
Developer responseposted 6 months agoAttackers use lists of email addresses & passwords to test on hundreds of sites. If you're re-using the same email address or password on multiple sites, it will be easier for an attacker to find your other accounts, and ultimately to take them over.