by ff_extension_reviewer, 4 months ago
Rated 1 out of 5
Does not work in FireFox. 9 in 10 times it does not connect, the remaining 1 in 10 times it only shows the Indian server (which is across the globe and causes major latency spikes). PIA is aware of these issues and have been "working on it" for years according to research on Google. I would rate this 0 stars if I could because an average of 3.5 is far more than it deserves.
- by Firefox user 16843663, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5It seems that installing this plugin (not enabling VPN connection) is enough to break some websites login functionality. For example "Bad Request, The referrer header is missing." would be produced on https://accounts.fedoraproject.org/ while trying to login (reminder VPN connection itself is not enabled). Disabling the plugin resolves problem.
- by Firefox user 16542384, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Like others, the last month with the PIA extension has been problematic. However, for me at least, using version 2.4.3 is working without obvious errors.
- by ultraali453, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent. It just works. Once, it started to disconnect repeatedly. However, restarting the computer and reinstalling the plugin seems to have fixed the issue.
- by Shadax, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5great extension, easy to use. But currently has a bug where my zoom level of different pages is constantly being reset, therefore I simply can't use this extension until this is fixed.
- by ThatGuyGerald, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5So here's the thing, a few months ago this would have been a 5 star review. But, recently I have encountered an issue where EVERY TIME I OPEN MY BROWSER I'm auto connected to India??? I live in California so you can understand why the auto connect feature would see India as the lowest ping for me. There are 4 other servers near me that I have used frequently but for some reason, the extension chose India. And worst of all, it also said my ping to ALL the US servers was 700+ which I don't think should ever happen. I never had this issue when using the desktop app, only since I started using the extension. And I only used the extension because having my VPN on while gaming was messing up my internet speeds. Overall, unless this is fixed, cannot recommend this extension.