The Privacy Bee extension allows you to quickly and easily set your preferred privacy preferences for any website you visit while browsing the internet.
As a privacy focused company we go through extreme measure to only require the absolute bare minimum of data on a customer in order to help them protect their privacy online, and that is no exception for this extension.
How we handle your data while using the Privacy Bee extension.
• We collect your email address and password and that is transmitted to our servers only to allow for proper authentication and access to your account. Subsequent requests made to our servers employ the use of an authentication token and your email and password is only transmitted upon login and is always sent over encrypted HTTPS.
• Upon successful authentication your basic general profile from your account is returned to the extension which may include your name, email address, phone number, and address data however this is never exposed within the extension nor transmitted outside of the extension to any of the websites you are visiting.
• We capture and transmit the URL of the current website you are browsing in order to return your specific privacy settings for a particular website. This request that is sent only includes the specific URL you are currently accessing and includes no additional data such as referral URLs or other data concerning your browsing patterns or habits including but not limited to searches made, device identifiers, and other user identifying data. While it is possible that we could save a history of the websites you have visited while the extension is active, this data is not stored in any database or other type of long term storage.
• Depending on user selection we will also transmit the selected privacy preference a user has chosen for the website the are visiting. This data includes the URL they are currently on as well as one of three user selected options "active", "neutral", or "none". Once again this transmission of data does not include any additional PII outside of the user token that is used for authentication and the current URL the user is browsing.
• The extension will also send a message to every website that it visits signaling that the Privacy Bee extension is installed. It includes no other information besides a simple "true" message which is used by the Privacy Bee web application so that it can know the extension is installed, which is used to determine whether to show the user a recommendation to install the extension if it is not already installed.
• Data is always sent encrypted over HTTPS.
To summarize, the Privacy Bee extension only transmits a few key bits of information include your email address and password which is always encrypted, as well as the current website you are visiting as well as your selected privacy preference for that website.