Print Pages to Pdf gives you the ability to Convert selected Bookmarks (like Bookmarkfolder or a list of Bookmarks), open Browsertabs or, if installed Scrapbook(Plus)
pages into one Pdf Document.
Helpsite with detailed Informations about the AddOn:AddOn Homepage
The view of the result can be changed with differen options (Papersize, margins etc.). Automatic creation of Outlines is possible or it can be done manually. Headers- and Footers for every page can be provided.
The webpages can be pre-edited so that they contain only text or you can delete unwanted content from it (e.g advertising).
Selection of Webpages can be done by Contextmenus at Bookmarks, Webpage and Scrapbooklist. The functions can althogh accessed via the Extra Menu entry or a Button from the Toolbar. In addition is it possible to move Bookmarks, Links and Tabs per Drag and Drop into the open AddOn window.
The AddOn does this work without sending any content over the Internet, the whole work ist done locally for privacy reasons. It is using the open Source library wkhtmltopdf
with all its power and limitations.Features
Known Limitations:International characters (non ascii-Characters)
- Converting a webpage to Pdf
- Converting all open tabs into a single pdf
- Converting a selection of Bookmarks into a single pdf
- Converting all links inside a Bookmark Folder into a single pdf
- Converting a selection of Scrapbook pages into a single pdf
- Converting all links inside a Scrapbook Folder into a single pdf
- Converting links from external sources (Filesystem, Wordprocessor,..) into a single pdf
- Converting a mixture of links from the sources above into a single pdf
- Pure local processing, no Data is sent to other sites over the network full Privacy!
- Several options for formatting the otuput (e.g margins, page size, ....)
- Variaous Context menus for accessing the AddOns functionality
- Keyboard shortcut for accessing the AddOns functionality
- Toolbar button for accessing the AddOns functionality
- Retains links in the pdf from the content of webpages
- Supports local links for navigating in the webpage/pdf
- Supports outline feature of pdf (the navigation bar outside of the pdf document), creates an outline by headlines.
- Supports a single Table of Content for the whole pdf with page numbering and local links for navigation
- Supports header and footers for the whole pdf or separate for individual webpages in the pdf.
- Ability to print text only
- Editing the outline and Table of Content
- Editing feature for removing unwanted content before converting
- Drag[&]Drop support
error:can't write to destination / non-ascii characters
- Wkhtmltopdf has an actual limitation, that it is not possible to supply international characters (e.g. accented characters) as parameters. This is the case for all strings that can be used in the Settings dialog (e.g. Title, Title of toc, header and footer text). It doesn't have any influences to the converted content of webpages
- Version 0.1.7.1 has a problem if the Firefox profile name contains non-ascii characters (probably the name was used here).
You find a beta Version that should fix this problem (Windows). If you wants to try it, you can use the Version from here:
Beta Version 0.1.7.1b
It should update the previous Version, but on one machine I saw a problem with this (previous Version wasn't uninstalled properly, so please check this, and if so uninstall manually).