Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Note: there is a display issue on Windows with the print button. This can be solved by either:
1. Enable Small Icons: (right-click on toolbar, choose Customize and enable option 'Use Small Icons'
2. Move the print button to another toolbar (right-click on toolbar, choose Customize and drag print button to a toolbar such as the tabs toolbar)
We hope to solve the issue in a future release.
- Source code released under GNU Lesser General Public License, version 3.0
A green icon indicates the presence of a 'print stylesheet'. Webpages with a print stylesheet have been specifically formatted for printing. Click on the green icon to print.
Sometimes web sites provide a completely separate page for printing. An orange icon indicates that the extension detects a link to a 'print version'. Click on the orange icon to load the 'print version' of the page.
Versions 0.5 is compatible with Firefox 5 and 6 and also fixes a small bug when switching between tabs.
- Print Hint does not find print versions for all webpages/websites
- In all versions of Firefox you can add the Print button to your menu bar as follows:
Right-click on the toolbar, click 'customize' and then drag the icon labeled 'print' to the tool-bar.
- If the Print button is not present, a print icon will appear in the status bar OR add-on bar. In Firefox 4, you may need to enable the Add-on bar as follows:
Right-click on blank area of the menu bar, and enable 'Add-on Bar'
More information about the extension is available at www.ruadesign.org/firefox
Version 0.3 of Print Hint is designed for Firefox version 2 and introduces many improvements:
The print-hint icon is now merged with the print button on the toolbar.
If the print button is not included on your address toolbar, right-click on the toolbar, click 'customize' and then drag the icon labelled 'print' to the toolbar. If the button is not included, then the extension's icon is displayed in the browser status bar, similar to previous versions of the extension
The algorithms for detecting print versions of webpages have been improved.
Looks for print stylesheets as the page is loading
Added extension preference to preview a page rather than printing
For linked printer-friendly pages, the tooltip shows the destination address