- by Ben, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very helpful add-on, happy to use it frequently. One small request: please allow us to to change the automatic date reporting format (e.g. "Month(Text) Day, Year") instead of the US-centric dating format. I have to go in and manually change the date through the "Edit" function to make my PDFs internationally accessible. Thanks for reading and hopefully integrating this feedback.
- by Keith, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5I loved this app but the latest version is NOT good. Yes, it functions properly, but the quick editing by clicking images, lines of text, etc is gone. Now I have to edit it like a Word document. Also, images don't transfer over to the preview pane. I can't understand why they regressed so much.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was so harsh. I really love this add on and use it all the time. Thanks for planning on bring back click to delete.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoOuch!! We are bringing back click to delete very soon.
You can install the previous version (3.2.0) from here - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/print-friendly-pdf/versions/ and disable auto update
Regarding the images, can you email email@example.com links that are not working well in the new version?
Edit: We have just released 4.2.0 which has "Click To Delete" similar to the previous version.
- by jazz, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Just what I needed, thank you. Tryna figure out why Firefox won't print correctly was drivin me nuts.
* 1 Day later - yea, idk, seems to work great on some sites, but not so great on others. Maybe it's something I'm doin wrong..?
- by verm71, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Powerful feature set. Preserves hyperlinks, and their web-based editing tool allows you to exclude components and sections from the resulting PDF file. Would have given 5 stars if it did this inside the browser instead of reaching out to a 3rd party web site to process the PDF file. This has privacy implications.
- by D-FR, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Corresponds fully to what I needed/wished. Very nice and clear layout of the PDF. The pictures and links that I wished to have are all included, without the publicity and other non-desired content. Very easy to use.
One major regret: If you try to search for the file by using search function of your PC, the search does not find the words contained in the document, only those in the name. So if you don't name the PDF precisely enough when saving it, you will not find it later-on via the search function.
- by Saladin KADA, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5A very useful and "friendly" tool. Previously I was using CleanPrint, but unfortunately it does not exist any more.
But I must say, having other tools, that PrintFriendly is the best one so far.
However, I have a feature request, which is having the possibility to add parts of the printed page that have been removed by PrintFriendly. Sometime, PrintFriendly removes from the page parts that may useful.
This said, you did a very good job, thank you. Please continue.
- by ThomaS, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's a great tool in Chrome, but unfortunately only good on Firefox (doesn't include images like in Chrome). What i especially like is that it automatically removes all the clutter and just takes the articles i want.
- by Firefox user 15401305, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5The best add-on for the functionality offered.
There are some issues for me though:
- blurred images here and there (example: https://medium.com/@atippy83/guitarix-the-pi-dle-board-8d6298ca8e42)
- cannot "print to PDF" GitHub pages (gives me blank page)
Thanks for the great work.
Thanks for the reply.
I am using Firefox extension "Print Friendly & PDF" (v2.1.0 at the moment).
The one referenced in your reply, from printfriendly.com, is v1.3 (according to the filename).
Are these the same extension/add-on, and if so, why would the "older" version be better/work
for the pages in question?
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks for the URLs to review.
The FireFox store will not allow us to have a ClientSide extension. However, if you get the FireFox extension available from PrintFriendly.com/extensions/firefox it will work on the following pages.
We will fix for all Extensions: https://medium.com/@atippy83/guitarix-the-pi-dle-board-8d6298ca8e42
Github requires clientside extension. PrintFriendly.com/extensions/firefox
- by Firefox user 14617597, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5A round-about way to save the page as PDF, but works for my purpose. Useful for pages where printing as PDF with a pdf printer does not capture whole page . Would be 5-star if it did not have to send the page to 3rd party website.